Why am I depressed?

Sedalia

I have lost so much weight, gone from a 22 down to a 14-16, and yet I am desperately unhappy because of my stomach. Not only is it still fat, but with the hernia it looks like a mountain sticking out from me. I do all the exercises under the sun, rub in all the oils and yet I still have this gross lump sticking out from my skinny body. I just don't know what to do about it. Will losing another stone and a bit really take it away? Or will it come off my bust and other places instead? I am sorry, just wanted to spill what's bothering me. On top of that I still think of Mum...oh well that's another story.

:hug99:

I know it can be hard to think clearly when there are several things which seem to be getting on top of you, but try to look at what you have achieved, focus on the good points.

Having lost all this weight means that you will be able to have the op, and the hernia will not be a problem for much longer. Thats going to make a big difference to your stomach. If you possibly can, dont get too wound up about your stomach at the moment, because you know that the op is going to change things. Then, after thats been done, if you still arent happy about the tum, look into what you can do about it - toning exercises (I have found a huge difference just swimming for the last 7 days), or if push comes to shove, saving up for a tummy tuck. Bear in mind also that your skin will take quite a while to recover its elasticity, and its not going to happen overnight, but you should find in time that it will start to shrink. Keep going with the oils and the massage, it will be worth it in the long run.

Remember how you felt before you started LT. If you are anything like me, you felt humiliated and embarassed by your size, clothes-shopping was pure hell, and you felt guilty about food.

Now think about the positives of losing all this weight - no more humiliation, clothes shopping is now a breeze, and food is no longer a focus.

I really loathe my saggy tum too but I'd far rather be a size 12-14 with a saggy tum than a size 22-24 and too unhappy to have a life...

Keep that chin up girl!

Also don't forget that you have lost your weight so bloody quickly and the poor old skin takes a while to catch up with your new body shape but will catch up more than it has done so far :)

Reactions: Bea
Thanks guys, I know you are right.

The girls are right hun! We women are very hard on ourselves and want perfection....as Elle said you now can have the op to fix the hernia...that will make a big difference....maybe change some of your tops etc (if you havent done so already) to focus on your legs and arms and bust - ones that skim your tum and will help you feel better!! ((((hugs))))

I have lost so much weight, gone from a 22 down to a 14-16, and yet I am desperately unhappy because of my stomach. Not only is it still fat, but with the hernia it looks like a mountain sticking out from me. I do all the exercises under the sun, rub in all the oils and yet I still have this gross lump sticking out from my skinny body. I just don't know what to do about it. Will losing another stone and a bit really take it away? Or will it come off my bust and other places instead? I am sorry, just wanted to spill what's bothering me. On top of that I still think of Mum...oh well that's another story.

Sweetie,

What a great job you are doing - have achieved so much, very proud of you!

Focus on what you have achieved, talk positive to yourself, you are worth it!;)

kindness,

Sleeping Princess

How you feeling today hun?

Just a note to say: I'm here for you and think your a winner honey!

love,

Sleeping Princess:flowers:

Thanks guys. I am ok, but just think all this weight loss is pointless if I have to still wear baggy tops to cover up my bulging tummy.

...it can feel like that a bit like that but if you hadnt lost the weight you would be able to have your op...try to see it as a journey and you almost there.....hugs!!

Thanks guys. I am ok, but just think all this weight loss is pointless if I have to still wear baggy tops to cover up my bulging tummy.

Sweetie,

Every bit of weight loss reduces the incidence of health problems!

We all have something we don't like about our bodies - you are amazing!

love,

Sleeping Princess;)

Aw Charlotte, you wont have to wear baggy tops! A nice pair of jeans with a little lycra in then (and more of them have some) really helps hold things in!! Treat yourself to a pair of Seven jeans, they are fab!

actually I bought a corset type thing that reduces your waist and stomach, it helps alot, however, it doesn't get rid of the original problem.

M&S do great "body shapers" that really smooth out your lines....I have one and wear it with very clingy things and it works a treat.....when I at target I am going to order one of Elle's amazing corsets!!! for a few more inches of reduction....cant wait

Its great to have a bit of a motivational target to aim to....I am going to wait till I see her photo shoots to choose...but I just love the ones on the site and l really love feeling "confined" ...nothing kinky I tell you but only in corsets!!!

Back