Why am i feeling so hungry on 810?

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
The last two days i've been feeling real hunger. I'm on 810 and really liking it but not this hunger:(. I've stuck rigidly to the plan and drank at least 4 litres of water...yesterday i felt really dizzy but today feel much better...apart from the hunger. Anyone had any experience of this? Could i be carb sensitive....i noticed i felt like this after having my first and only porridge :confused:

It's possible you are very carb sensitive-I didn't feel hunger on my 810 week-perhaps you're inadvertently having too much veg?

I just did a ketosis test, it is negative.

Hi polishrose, i'm quite careful with the veg allowance...i really don't think it's that but tomorrow i will really monitor it

Im doing my 810 week and have be doing ketosis tests and its very low. I too have been careful with the veg. x x

i was the same....think i was knocked out of ketosis, so by week back on SS has been difficult but i've done it.
Found it hard to measure the veggies....3tbs is so ambugious! how can you measure 3tbs of asparagus is beyond me!
Remember yuou have also nearly DOUBLED your cal intake from 410 to 810 so its a big shock to your body hun
xxx

i havent done my 810 week yet but i do find the "tablespoon" measure slighty concerning , trying ti figure out how you measure broccoli into tablespoons lol, i get hungry on ss tbh only in the evenings mind so not sure how i will get on with the add a meal. At least its only food a week, hope the hunger monster goes away!

I am on 810 now (well protien portions are ss+ and veg portions 810) and I don't feel hungry, it's strange. I look forward to my meal but don't feel genuine hunger which I was expecting tbh, especially as I'm excercising now. I am going to stick to 810 for a couple more weeks, found my stride with it. If I don't lose any weight on it though I will be very disappointed.

i was the same....think i was knocked out of ketosis, so by week back on SS has been difficult but i've done it.
Found it hard to measure the veggies....3tbs is so ambugious! how can you measure 3tbs of asparagus is beyond me!
Remember yuou have also nearly DOUBLED your cal intake from 410 to 810 so its a big shock to your body hun
xxx

Hiya Lizz, i've been doing 810 the whole time, so never did the sole source at all. That's why this sudden hunger is a bit of a mystery to me:eek:
And i agree...how exactly do you measure a tablespoon of Asparagus...some of it has to be guess work doesn't it?

i havent done my 810 week yet but i do find the "tablespoon" measure slighty concerning , trying ti figure out how you measure broccoli into tablespoons lol, i get hungry on ss tbh only in the evenings mind so not sure how i will get on with the add a meal. At least its only food a week, hope the hunger monster goes away!

That's an other thing i'm a bit confused about too....is it 3 tablespoons natural state or cooked?
For instance, i normally throw a big handful of spinach into my dry fried broccoli at the end because it wilts so much. When it's cooked it would equal just over a tablespoon i would have thought.
Hmmm maybe i do really need to start measuring it properly if i am particularly carb sensitive.

I am on 810 now (well protien portions are ss+ and veg portions 810) and I don't feel hungry, it's strange. I look forward to my meal but don't feel genuine hunger which I was expecting tbh, especially as I'm excercising now. I am going to stick to 810 for a couple more weeks, found my stride with it. If I don't lose any weight on it though I will be very disappointed.

I'm sure you will lose weight...i still lost good amounts. I know how you feel about not being genuinley hungry but looking forward to the meal regardless. That's how i used to feel.

Anyway checked my pee again today and still negative so i guess i really am one of the few who does not stay in ketosis. Never checked it before now so don't know if i was in ketosis previously.
It's funny because i got a rep power from somebody saying 'it's all in the mind' and they could well be right there....is my mind playing tricks with me because i am getting close to goal? Dunno:rolleyes: I guess it could happen...it happened to me before when i did a previous cd attempt. Lost over 4 stones and was 1/2 stone from target when i just started to feel real hunger. I gave in:(
Back to square one.

Well it can jolly well bugger off this time. not going to give it what it wants:)
*go on...off with yer!!*

Are you eating cottage cheese? It has more carbohydrates than fish and chicken, so maybe try to avoid that and see if it helps x

Hi Sbridge, yeah i'm eating L/F cottage cheese. Normally as a small side to the fish or chicken i have. Could be what's causing it then? Interesting...i will give it a miss tonight and see if it helps.
Thanks

I have heard that it's higher in carbohydrates than fish or chicken, so it could be causing it. I'm not 100% certain, but it won't harm to give it a try. Are you eating the bars, also? The more chewy bars are higher in carbohydrates xx

Yes, i'm eating the bars but my cdc said to try and limit them in case i'm sensitive to them....so only ordered a couple this week. I've stuck to the cranberry bars this week, are they higher in carbs?

cranberry and peanut are the lowest carb bars.... Love them!

Cranberry and Peanut are lower in carbohydrates. I hope the hunger goes! Are you feeling hungry all day or just after your meal? If you feel hungry after your meal, it could be too many vegetables. Maybe a CDC will be able to help x

Yup, hungry all day. And dizzy/lightheaded :(

Just had a thought, i've been using soy sauce on my veg....could this be the reason, would it have an effect on ketosis?

Just looked up soy sauce and there is only 1g carbs per tbs, BUT there is 42% of your rda of salt!! It shouldn't kick you out of ketosis but it proberly will make you retain water x x

I'm not sure, does it have many carbs??? Maybe try sticking to Balsamic Vinegar. Hopefully it will pass. It could be that you're carbohydrate sensitive, so do not remain in ketosis on 810. However, maybe try to stick to peanut and cranberry bars, as well as chicken and fish and see if that makes a difference x

42% Yikes Charlotte.
Better knock that one on the head then!

Awww thank you girls. Tonight i've got cod which i'm going to oven cook with asparagus, brocolli and Courgettes.
No cottage cheese or soy sauce....will see how that goes

xx

Sounds nice! Enjoy your dinner x x

Back