Why am I finding it so hard to get back on track?

MusicStar

I feel so rubbish because I'm finding it hard to get back on track. I feel really down and it don't help that it's time of the month too. I don't know what I'm going to do? :cry:

Try keeping a food diary - recording details of what you eat and drink, when you do it, and what you are feeling at the time you do it.

I was having trouble staying focussed on what I was doing and was struggling to shift a few pounds (not doing CD but limiting calorie intake), and starting a food diary has helped me achieve just that.

I gave myself a target of ~1100kcal a day, and so far I have stuck to it with no problems at all. In fact, I have not had 1100kcal on any day, always less.

I think the fact that you know you are recording everything you put in your mouth and why makes you think twice about doing it.

I know I am only on day 3 of doing this so it is probably too early to say it works, but I am not struggling w/ this approach at all, and I truly believe it has helped me to get my mind/thoughts straight.

Steve

Yep agree with that Steve, being conscious about what you are eating does help you limit exactly what you do eat. The other key point that you mentioned was regarding how you are feeling when you eat, I think that is the biggest factor here. From my point of view every single emotion lead me to food... if I'm happy I eat to compound the hapiness, If I'm sad, I eat to make myself happy, If I'm stressed, I eat to take my mind of the stress etc etc. The problem with this is that food only solves one problem and that is hunger. If you're not hungry then food is not the answer and the affect of food will last just minutes. So it's paramount that we identify why we feel the urge to eat and then address that emotion in a way that will solve it because food will not, it will just give us a quick fix and then make us more miserable becuase we feel we have let ourselves down by binging.

why don't you treat yourself to something new like a dress or top that will fit you when you have lost your desired weight so you know your doing it to look fantastic in this new dress and will have the night out of your life!! x x

Aww MusicStar I know exactly how you feel, I've been feeling just the same. It took me so long to restart because I couldn't get back on track. I can see your half way there so not much longer to go for you. Try to focus on your end goal .. I know you can do it, you can get there and we are all here to support you, minimins is fab for that. Keep strong and keep going x

Thanks guys for the support. I need to stop eating when Im down and keep myself busy.

Back