Why am I hungrier some days more than other?

Madison

Hi folks,
Just wondering if anyone else is the same. Yesterday for example, I was fine in work, had my usual breakfast and lunch. Once I got home it started. I wasn't bored, sad, lonely - just downright hungry. I was on a pp day and my God but I ate my body weight in protein. Turkey mince, bacon medalions (no fat on them), a chicken fillet and then before bed still wasn't finished so had a can of tuna with balsamic vinegar. Don't think it's TOTM and didn't do any running since Saturday morning. Maybe it's weather. Wonder why some days I'm just hungrier than others...In saying that I haven't really found myself overly hungry (as I do eat lots) since I've been on the plan so far - well up till yesterday when the protein monster lept out of me and ran wild lol.
Anyhow, just thought I'd share and wonder if you guys are the same at all?
:)

I totally get you, sometimes full just dosent happen.
Do you know if over a week you eat the same amount?

Im trying to work these things out, for shopping purposes if nothing else. Some days I can hold off lunch til 1.30 or so, others Im checking the clock from 10.30 onwards wanting to breakout the lunchbox.

Well done for sticking to the protein.

I'm hungrier than usual today but I'm putting that down to the fact that I had "lemon cheesecake" last night which was full of artificial sweetener ..... that ALWAYS makes me hungrier the next day.

P x :D

Hi Jaqys,
Yep, I more or less eat the same every day so yes over the week it's the same - very expensive I'm finding it but in saying that the financial end to me is a small price to pay for losing weight and please God keeping it off for life.
Hi Pauline,
Do you know, I think you made a valid point re the artificial sweetner, yesterday I had a bottle of diet coke at lunchtime which I wouldn't normally have oh and a few pieces of gum. I usually leave my diet coke till the evening. So maybe it was sweetner over load. I used to find that before when I used to drink vodka and slimline tonic. My appetite the next day used to be out of control. When I switched to vodka and sparkling water there was a huge difference.

Many thanks for your replies. x

I find just before totm im more hungry - although just recently i seem to be more hungry more regular! im only five pounds from target and weight loss has slowed right down - wonder if its my body telling me its ready for consolidation! dont want to think about that really though as im so used to doing cruise dont want to let go of my comfort blanket - its daunting! has anyone else found that near target they are more hungry?

Scooter, huge well done on your weight loss so far. I really don't know about the nearer to target as I still have 16lbs to go..Yesterday was the same for me, really hungry. I wonder if the weather here (I'm in Dublin) has something to do with it. It's been consistently cold, dull, dreary and big time lacking sunshine. Maybe my bod still thinks it's winter and I should be in hibernation mode lol.
I know the great Doc says unlimited amounts of protein but it still kind of scares me to do this (ex WWatcher here). Anyhow, shall see if it levels out soon.

OMG scooter so with you on that one!!! I am sooo much hungrier recently and I think it is because target is in my sight and also Maintainer pointed out that I was using a lot of sweetener which again is fuelling my appetite!!!! Madison I eat vast amounts on PV days and on some PP days but I rationalise it by realising that it is all Dukan friendly and therefore there is no limit (well apart from Dairy!) I say A HUGE well done for eating as much protein as you did and if you need to keep doing it - the weeks I seem to have eaten loads of meat I usually lose better - weird how that works!!!!

Thanks madison - i eat unlimited protein - i've been known to eat a tin of tuna late at night - if im hungry i eat i never tell myself i cant have anything as i always have plenty of protein in - you know thinking back ive had quite a bit of sweetner recently, might have to cut back a bit and see if that makes a difference - trudy - i agree with you i lose more when ive had lots of meat - especially steak for some reason!! Beef seems to make me lose more than when ive had a week with just chicken or turkey!

Back