Why am I hungry?

chubbers

I am on day 9, have been 100% except for a little nibble last week which didn't affect me. Yesterday and today I feel really hungry and I can't understand why, I must still be in ketosis as I haven't had anything else to knock me out. I wasn't hungry before hand and don't know why I'm feeling it now.
Should I wait and see if it goes or eat something small?

xxx

How much have you drank you may be thirsty?

Iv drank looooads. The last week I have been drinking at least 4 litres of water.... The only thing that I can think is I've stopped drinking coffee, it just occurred to me! It could be that?! x

I feel hungry a lot!

I think you do feel hungry some days on this diet - it just happens, for me it was always when I was tired. Usually around 4 -6 pm and prompted by the sight and smell of food.

So there is nothing broken, nothing wrong - carry on. Tomorrow for no apparent reason - it will be better. Well heres hoping it will anyway. I think you get used to hunger, and you get better at distracting yourself.

Another game is feeling the hunger and having a conversation with it - this is a bit wacky but I used to say - 'OK - feel you hunger, acknowledged, now go away - I want to be slim'. Hunger is a basic drive, a survival urge but you can think it away. Sorry if that sounds weird but I used to play all sorts of mind games to get through hungry times. When all else fails - drink another glass of water.

GSQ

Thanks for your help, it could be tiredness actually. It feels a bit better now to be honest so hopefully tomorrow it will be gone :) xx

Back