Why am i putting on more weight even though ive changed my lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by TonyR, 18 November 2010 Social URL.

1. TonyR

TonyR Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(11.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    Hey all ,

Basically , my lifestyle used to be.

Wake up
    Computer
    Order takeaway
    Snack
    Sleep

Now its:

Wake up
    Computer
    20 minute walk
    Eat
    Sleep

I literally never used to step foot outside the house , and now im walking every single day , but i seem to have put on weight , my jeans that i bought 2 months ago where to tight and now i literally have to pull them up every 30 seconds encase they fall down.

But why am i putting on weight the scales are telling me im 4 pounds heavier :S

I bought a exercise bike a few days ago , waiting for it to get here , im going to add another 30 minutes a day to my exercise with that , then slowly move onto more healthy foods , it would be stupid to stop eating how ive eaten for the past year straight away , i'd go into detox and that's horrible.

I do feel fitter :S , I don't get as out of breath as i used to from walking no more.

And i am not starving myself at all , i still eat junk from time to time.

Oh and im not on any diet , i can not follow any of them , would be pointless setting myself up to fail , im just eating in moderation.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    muscle :)

4. milkshakejunkie

milkshakejunkie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world and lots of excersise
    You should be proud of yourself!! if your jeans are falling that means you are loosing weight.Seriously i dont go with the scales anymore. I use to obsess so much about the scales i use to weigh myself twice a day everyday. And most of the times my scales would never go down after the vigirous intense exercise i do evryday. Id get cheesed off and feel like giving up. But although my scales wernt going down my clothes where alot looser and collegues,friends and family kept saying ive lost more weight and id argue that i havent and that my scales are still the same. Ive still continued with my healthy eating and exercise but i havent weighed my self in over 2 weeks, im just going by sizing in clothes, if my size 12 jeans become tighter on me then i know ive put it on. Once a week when i go to grocery shopping i always go to the clothes section and see if i can try and get into a pair of size 10 jeans just to see how far i got to go or if i fit into them yet. Go with your clothes size they are more accurate, because if you go with scales and they dont budge trust me it will distract you from your determination and you loose your enthusiasm and motivation.youve only just started your exercising i promise give it a few weeks i garantee those scales will go down.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.