Why am I self destructive??

Purplepixie

basically that is the question.

I have been on CD for 2 ful weeks now and have lost 13lb in total so far :D:D But today after my WI and Last week after the WI all i can think about is food?? I am not hungry and I am not tempted to cheat but my thoughts are full of things I really like to eat.

It is driving me mad, its like my subconsious is trying to make me fail.

Is anyone the same or am I a total weirdo?

It is totally natural for you to still be thinking about food. 3 months in and it's still something I have on my mind most of the time! Just don't let it get the better of you - thoughts of food are fine as long as it doesn't lead to eating :)

i'm the same not particulary thinking about food even though some times i do, but when i get compliments or get noticed i feel like i wan to see so i can sink into the back ground and not be centre of attention.
i sometimes feel like i don't want people to notice me, and some times it feels like the smaller i get the more attention i get and the more people notice me. which sometimes makes me want to eat to be big and not have attention. WEIRD!!!!
(hope this makes sense and not too much waffle)

I can understand that completely, Tryer. I ate and ate to hidew behind the fat, so I would become invisible. Now that I'm looking different, people are starting to notice me and I can't say I'm completely comfortable with it

not weird at all... I call it my sss (self sabotage system)
I have a 5 / 6 week thing when the changes begin to notice and I suddenly freak out, get scared of the changes.. and am at big risk of falling of the wagon..
I think this is where some self analysis or paid for if you can afford it :) helps a lot...

Some great stuff on this site about why we do things we do... it keeps me going and makes me feel normal :) (well as normal as I get!)

Oh... you are doing great.... nearly a stone in 2 weeks is fab...

x

Of course you are going to think about food, it is natural that humans eat! But remember, its only the feeling of WANTING food, not actually NEEDING it. That's the way I got through the last time I did CD, trained my brain to say my stomach was being greedy and I didn't need what I was craving. Its very difficult I know.

Totally normal. I don't want food, I'm not hungry but today I sat and made a huge Indian for my husband. Deep fried Poori bread, chapatis, BBQ tikka chicken and rice. All from scratch. Rolling out dough etc.

Then I made scones. froze some for his packed lunches during the week.

I have planned his dinners for at least the next 10 days.

Made extra shopping lists.

AND SMELT EVERYTHING.

Doesn't bother me and I'm not eating it. Totally natural.

Back