Why Am I So Crabby?

Snowbaby

Wants to shed pounds more
We all get days like this and I am under a wee bit of pressure at the moment (building renovations) however, I am finding myself SOOOO crabby today. I am not snapping heads off but I can feel it bubbling up inside - thankfully I have a fairly long fuse but alas, a pretty big keg.

My weights stuck and I have headache/tummy ache today. I have resisted the urge to binge, but am pretty intolerant all round. People usually report this in the beginning - I am about week 6 and I am in ketosis. I am trying to take on more water, but any idea why this is happening?

Ta in advance :)

hi snowbaby, poor you! could it be totm due maybe? hope you feel better soon!
xx

hi snowbaby - I get worse as the weeks go on! I do think the lack of food makes me in a bad mood sometimes - definitely psychological for me! I am sure you will be fine though. I really hope your headache goes away and you feel less crabby soon! x

Hi hun, if it isn't TOTM, then it could just be the fact that you can't stick your head in the fridge for comfort at what is, if you have workmen around your home, an extremely stressful time.

I'm on LT and altho most of the time I've felt ok there are times when not being able to fall on my old habits has left me a bit of a c*w for a day or two. Not to say you are of course.

It will pass, just hope it passes before you blow! Only joking I'm sure you will have a better day tomorrow x

so true tara - I have been so used to using food to calm me down if I am feeling a bit low or angry or, well any emotion really and now we don't have that lifeline, no wonder I am such a moo sometimes - could be the same for you snowbaby!?

We all get days like this and I am under a wee bit of pressure at the moment (building renovations) however, I am finding myself SOOOO crabby today. I am not snapping heads off but I can feel it bubbling up inside - thankfully I have a fairly long fuse but alas, a pretty big keg.

My weights stuck and I have headache/tummy ache today. I have resisted the urge to binge, but am pretty intolerant all round. People usually report this in the beginning - I am about week 6 and I am in ketosis. I am trying to take on more water, but any idea why this is happening?

Ta in advance :)

Have you tried thinking back over the day? Sometimes when I'm feeling down, there usually was a trigger - something someone said/or didn't, did or didn't do etc......it will pass - tomorrow you'll feel much better....

I have been on an emotional rollercoaster this week :)
I started out expecting totm, no tolerance, total witch really. Even dh was telling me how moody I was(brave or stupid, I ask you!). I have ended the week in tears. Have been crying on and off for the best part of a couple of hours this evening :( I have been really stressed out this week. Work has been challenging, I have a ton of 'homework' to do(not used to it at the age of 37!) and felt things have been getting on top of me.
Normally, I would change my mood with food(ignoring the underlying issues), pick at chocolate/crisps to help with my concentration(I now know it doesn't help though so another lesson learnt) and I think I have just felt a bit out of control.
I think it's all part of the process of disassociating yourself, emotions etc from food. And I am determined to be better off for it :)
Hope your week improves xx :)

Hi I started a thread like this 'why am i so moody?'I am week 4 and permanantley moody just cant help it,dont really know why but get to boiling point very quickly,nice to know someone else is in the same boat!!Hee Hee!!

Last edited:
I thank you for your kind words - I think I am overcrowded/overwhelmed and just so used to using food as a crutch to get me thru. I maybe a little hormonal at TOTM is about a week away. Its strange to deal with these emotions without lapsing into old habits. Essentially I am pleased that I didnt, but at the time it was like 'no. I cant snack and get thru this - I have to find something else' :)

I got some mood swings while on CD , I could be awful! :p
And yeah, that was a few weeks into it too.

Grin and bear it, it's worth it :D

x

Chins up lol - I will, I just feel sorry for my poor family who have largely been supportive :)

Back