Why are all dresses so short :-@

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm looking for a dress to wear to my children's christenings on the 1st May. I've looked at loads of shops & all the dresses are really short.

I've got knobbly knees & I'm size 16/18 hourglass shape so it's either fitted dresses or prom style that suits me. I just want one that goes to my knees or just below.

I don't suit long dresses or maxi dresses & leggings look really stupid on me.

What am I going to do? :cry:

Ive just bought my daughter a lovely dress, its from bhs, the sophie grey range. There are some really nice dresses there, she got a white one with black and grey flowers on it x

Could try diva??? they have lovely pencil dresses? or if you try haloboutique thy have a range called killer curves xx

put it over smart black skinny jeans.

I'm looking for a dress to wear to my children's christenings on the 1st May. I've looked at loads of shops & all the dresses are really short.

I've got knobbly knees & I'm size 16/18 hourglass shape so it's either fitted dresses or prom style that suits me. I just want one that goes to my knees or just below.

How about something like these from Monsoon
85331525_m1.jpg

85330820_m1.jpg

85326776_m1.jpg

There are so many to choose from on their website. These are just a few of the 1950's ones which would look great dressed up for the christening and then be great for after.

How about something like these from Monsoon
85331525_m1.jpg

85330820_m1.jpg

85326776_m1.jpg

There are so many to choose from on their website. These are just a few of the 1950's ones which would look great dressed up for the christening and then be great for after.

Oh I like those I'll have a proper look at Monsoon, thanks X

I can't help with dresses but I feel your pain. I have a long body and short legs and nearly all (low end) high street dress hems stop at my bum or a an inch or two below. I like Monsoon for posh frocks :)

Those monsoon ones are gorgeous, I love that whole vintage look. I have a dress upstairs that one day I am determined to wear - its a fifties original, pale blue silk with a star / polka dot pattern all over, to the knee with a matching belt. Its probably a size 20 - and best of all it belonged to my gran! I even have a photo of my great uncle's wedding where she is wearing it!

Can I just say as a (relatively) normal male, they're not!!

When im skinny and rich :D My whole wardrobe is going to come from Vivien.

Can I just say as a (relatively) normal male, they're not!!

Believe me if you seen my fat ars$, big thighs & hips you'd be saying get a long dress..lol X

Wow, those dresses are AMAZING. I have never been a dress sort of person but I need to find something that I can wear for a family wedding in September. I think those prices are out of my range - but they are so lovely!!!
(May have to start a secret slush fund :D :D)

They often come up on e-bay, as people buy them for occasion wear. Just be careful of the sizings and check the website, and double, double check measurements with e-bay sellers!!

I find their 'vintage' 16 is like a modern 12.

What about trousers? A nice floaty pair of trousers is very summery. Or smart black trousers with a flowery top.

my bro gettin married in june, hoping to wear a dress for it too. will be the first time i've worn a dress since i got married 8 years ago :( would love to feel feminine and sexy for once, not frumpy and covering up every inch!!

Back