Why are you losing weight?

To get down to and maintain a healthy BMI, to feel good about myself, to be able to run around with my children and to be the wife my husband deserves.

Thanks for all your replies on this! Reminds me of why I have to stick at it, because at the end of the "diet" I will have a totally new, healthy approach to food that will last a life time and hopefully fulfil my goals of being slimmer and healthier.

I found myself identifying with an awful lot of your reasons for wanting to lose weight, some of which brought a tear to my eye as I was reading them! Good luck everyone! Here's to a healthier new life!

You can do this and you will! It sounds to me like you are doing it for yourself and because you want to! Don't give up, we're all here to help! :D

Thank you Claire, I am doing this for me, just took me 22 yrs to get here. I really hope to do this. And yes, coming here really helps.

xxxx

To just feel and look better .
I haven't lots to lose but I hate the fact my bodyfat % is quite high so lots of fat even though I look slimish in clothes.
To feel better in a bikini .
To not be mortified of wearing shorts in this country .

Well my reason is extremely shallow - my step-daughter is getting married in august and I do not want to be wearing size 18 clothes at one end of the group photo when the mother of the bride will be at the other end of the pic wearing a size 6/8 - I have no worries regarding my husband's feelings for his ex wife, its purely a "female thing" and I just want to get down to a size 14 (or maybe even a 12) so that I can look and feel good for that day. My husband is severely sight impaired so I have to be by his side as it will be a strange venue for him so he is relying on me to stand by his side whenever I can (protocol permitting) and be his "walking stick".

To just feel and look better .
I haven't lots to lose but I hate the fact my bodyfat % is quite high so lots of fat even though I look slimish in clothes.
To feel better in a bikini .
To not be mortified of wearing shorts in this country .

I can relate to this, me and my sister dont have a huge amount to loose, after loosing a stone and maybe another stone to go, already feel so much better for it.
so why am i loosing weight... To feel more like myself again :)

what a nice thread, its easy to get caught up in the slimming world routine, but its nice to realise why we are here in the 1st place. xxx

My reasons are in my sig but if I stopped to think about it I could probably add a lot more.

I have been putting it off for ages (starting to lose weight that is) I know i'm unhealthy, I know I am obese, I know I am unfit. I know all those things but just needed something to make me start, Then a few weeks ago my daughter (aged 7) was crying her eyes out coming home from a friends, went straight upstairs and couldn't get any sense out of her. 5 minutes later a paper aeroplane came down the stairs, I opened it up and it said
"Mummy, ****** said you're really fat"
:(:cry::mad:
That is why I am losing weight and why this time I'm determined to do it for my kids and for myself

I'm not losing as I'm pregnant but ny reasons for being on SW to be healthy and to keep my weight down to a reasonable amount.

But I've only got 9weeks left so my reason for losing will be, lose the baby weight and lose the extra stone I never got off

I've also got a modelling shoot planned for my 30th in Sept/Oct so want to lose the weight and feel confident

I have been putting it off for ages (starting to lose weight that is) I know i'm unhealthy, I know I am obese, I know I am unfit. I know all those things but just needed something to make me start, Then a few weeks ago my daughter (aged 7) was crying her eyes out coming home from a friends, went straight upstairs and couldn't get any sense out of her. 5 minutes later a paper aeroplane came down the stairs, I opened it up and it said
That is why I am losing weight and why this time I'm determined to do it for my kids and for myself

Well done for making the decision to start MrsB that is a very hard thing to deal with, kids can be very blunt but they don't know they hurt you.

For me
For my kids
For my Hubby
To be healthier and live longer
To have more fun
To not want to hide
To have more confidence
To be a good example to my daughter so she doesn't have to do the same

I've been cast as Nellie Forbush in South Pacific. The show opens in November and the 50's style costumes will more than likely involve some sort of swimsuit. Argh!

Also trying to get the 2 stone off that I've put on since I lost 3 stone with SW 3 years ago!

Also much happier and more confident when I'm at my lower weight.

I understand that feeling, I hope you get the willpower you need this time to help you get through.

Baby steps......I found that each day I successfully completed a 100% plan I gave myself a pat on the back, and held on to that feeling of joy. And slowly one day becomes one week and so on.

Good luck to the beginning of a life change for your kids. We're all here for you.

xxxx

Back