Why are you on slimfast??

Clairemx

I Will Do It :)
:wave_cry:

I thought it would be good to have a post to find out the reasons why everyone is on slimfast!! Obviously it is to lose weight but what is motivating you to your goal??

For me its to have my confidence back and to look slim on my wedding next July!!

Before I had my daughter I could eat what I wanted and not gain any weight but that has now all changed and everything I eat leaves a bulge haha :cry:

I cant wait to be me again!! I have a pair of 'pre pregnancy jeans' that I WILL fit into !!!

All the best

Claire xxx

Hi Claire, my original reasons were exactly the same as yours. I had my daughter June 2008 and booked my wedding day Sept 2008 for last July. I just didnt want to be fat on my special day! It was great when I lost all the weight, and I felt amazing. I got married in July also, and holidays holidays later I gained a little, well 5lbs ish but Im not complaining. My motivation is the fact that I prefer to feel attrctive on special occasions as opposed to fat, I love buying clothes that I like as opposed to clothes that cover my worst bits! :) Good luck on your journey, Im sure you'll make a beautiful bride xxx

Mine is the same really i was around 10 stone and a 10/12 before i had my little girl but since i have had her my weight has crept up and up without me even noticing untill i saw some awful pictures i didnt realise how big i had got! I am also getting married june next year so thats my motivation and i want to run anound with my little girl and not for her to think why is daddy playing football and not mummy, not that she can walk yet lol.

I'm on it because i want to feel good when i put on a bathing suit and try on clothes. And i hate the fact that my bmi is overweight makes me feel bad...So im doing everything in my power to change that! I want to be healthy for my little girl to follow in my footsteps!

i have gone to slimfast because i like the way it teaches you to have 3 meals and 3 snacks. last year i did you are what you eat and lost 2 1/2 stone but gained it all back within 6 months. i also had the depo injection straight after losing the weight and cant help but think that contributed.

i have 4 kids (aged 10, 8, 5 and 3) so slimfast fits in with them too. you are what you eat was great but i spent so much time cooking.

also i have a sweet tooth which i know i should deal with but one step at a time :p

Ruth x

yeah that depo shot is the devil! i gained almost 15lbs in two months on it..and i was eating right and exercising. so i got off of it and hit the pills.

I started putting on weight when my little girl got very ill and we spent alot of time in hospital so pringles, takeout and peanut m&m's became my best friends. Sadly she lost her 4 year battle :( so i found even more friends like biscuits, crisps etc and piled on even more, felt guilty for eating them so ate more cause i felt bad and the cycle repeated :(
After six years of this i came to my senses after i topped 20st and saw a picture of myself which didnt look anything like me :eek: I started slimfast. With the added motivation of finaly feeling ready to have another child :D but as i've been sterilised (previous relationship) i have to have a reversal first. Being so overweight it would have been dangerous to have such an invasive procedure and would make a huge impact on the chances of me getting pregnant afterwards.
This is the longest time i have ever been on a diet ... nearly 2 solid months :happy036:so i think i may actualy be totaly motivated this time and long may it continue lol

I started putting on weight when my little girl got very ill and we spent alot of time in hospital so pringles, takeout and peanut m&m's became my best friends. Sadly she lost her 4 year battle :( so i found even more friends like biscuits, crisps etc and piled on even more, felt guilty for eating them so ate more cause i felt bad and the cycle repeated :(
After six years of this i came to my senses after i topped 20st and saw a picture of myself which didnt look anything like me :eek: I started slimfast. With the added motivation of finaly feeling ready to have another child :D but as i've been sterilised (previous relationship) i have to have a reversal first. Being so overweight it would have been dangerous to have such an invasive procedure and would make a huge impact on the chances of me getting pregnant afterwards.
This is the longest time i have ever been on a diet ... nearly 2 solid months :happy036:so i think i may actualy be totaly motivated this time and long may it continue lol

Wow .. I am actually sitting crying reading this!! :cry:

You are so strong and so brave, you must be so proud of yourself ..Well done to you for sticking to it and losing the weight you have!! and I wish you all the best on your journey!:hug99:

Much Love

Claire xx

I'm hoping to look lovely in my graduation photos next year, wasn't going to do that at a starting weight of 20st 3lb so i'm feeling determined for once!!!! Plus I want to be able to fit into a suit for the job interviews i'll have to do next year!!

I am on it as I like the simplicity of 2 of my meals just being shakes, the reason I started it was because I probably put 3 stone on while being pregnant, my baby is now 4 months old and I was bending over putting him in his car seat in a car park and a group of blokes walked past and shouted wide load!!!!! OMG I was horrified I dashed home to try and get a good view of behind me and they were right!!!!! so its onwards and upwards now :D

i wanna look good for my 21st in febuary and look great in this red dress from jane norman ive got my eye on for christmas when I go back home from uni!! gotta loose a stoneat least in order to look good in it though!!

hmm i think i wanna look good in a bikini really. also there was one thing that actually set my mind into weight loss mode. i was looking at a foto on facebook of myself and i looked really big. somebody wrote fat underneath it. its the only time in my life something like that has ever happened and i was so shocked. but now im doing well and i cannot wait to feel great about myself again!

How cruel!!! I have had that though by nasty, jelous people! Im trying slim fast because i have always been that bit bigger than my friends, i used to feel sexy when i was a size 14 bottoms & 12 top i still have a tiny waist for my frame but i just want to feel sexy again not frumpy! Im 22 and i know that if i put my mind to it i can loose this weight! Its just crept on gradually and im a size 16 now and i weigh 14 stone 13lbs now and my goal is 12 stone... I think when you feel low about your weight its a depressing and lonely feeling and i wish i could eat what i want when i want but i cant! : (
Good luck every1... ive lost 1/2 stone in 2 weeks and thats with eating out and cheating several times when ive had a chocolate binge !

• To be able to go shopping and buy what i WANT to wear, not just what i can get to fit! Also to shop wherever i want and KNOW their largest size isn't going to be too small! :cry:
  • To be able to wear heels without being in so much pain.
  • So my gym sessions aren't such a chore
  • To be able to take part in the Mums race at my girls sports day without worrying about how i look
  • To be more healthy and lower my risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and any number of other things that are of higher risk with a higher BMI
  • To wear sexy undies and not worry about my rolls of flab when.....ahem, having relations with my hubby! lol :eek:
  • To go sky diving :eek:
  • To feel more confident and not intimidated by other (skinnier) women.
  • To be able to go on rides at theme parks with my children and not worry that the seats aren't wide enough
  • So i'm actually smaller than my hubby and so i can wear his t-shirts in bed and have them 'actually' be baggy and not skin tight!
  • To not be the 'fat' friend
  • So i can eat out without feeling self conscious
  • So i can go on a night out without getting 'fat' comments (people really are nasty sometimes!)

Back