Why aren't the scales moving??

alexisemma31

I'm not one to jump on the scales every day as I know how demotivating it can be, but as I am a Tuesday WI I thought I'd jump on this morning, 6 days after last being weighed.

I've switched to red/green, stayed well within my syns (only had about 1/2 of my allowance), I spring cleaned the upstairs of the house yesterday, including moving beds, scrubbing tiles etc. and the scales haven't moved.

What am I doing wrong??

Well your home scales will not be anywhere near as acurte as the WI scales. Also did you weigh yourself the same time as your WI and also what time did you weigh yourself. I wouldnt worry to much, if you have been following the plan 100% just avoid the scales till weigh in and then see what your c says.

There is a slight difference between my home scales and SW scales, but my home scales haven't moved if you know what I mean.
My WI was in the evening and I have just weighed myself in the morning, but I thought you were lighter in the morning which is even more worrying!!

ok another question are you eating enough? Are you over the 1200 cal mark? Also your syns are there to use and are part of the plan so dont restrict them and use them. Also you say you switched to read and green are you using both of your HEX a and b's as you get two of each on red and green :D

Dont worry about it i did the same last week, i am also a tuesday weigher and monday morning by my scales id put on 1 lb but at weigh in id lost 3 1/2 :) you may be pleasantly suprised

The key is dont weigh!!! I weighed on a thur (wi is mob for me) and I'd lost 2lbs and though great, weighed again on fri and had apparently gained 4lbs! So completely gave up plan over the weekend as disheartened but when I weighed Monday I ss which if i hasn't ruined it over the weekend I'm sure I would have post so stick with it and ignore your scales remember we pay to weigh!! Xx

circes i dont think she is at target anymore if you read her signature she just hasnt changed her details

I would say - get off the scales - and this advice comes from a seriel weigher!!!! you need to just take the news from your SW scales at class, not your own. The difference in 24 hours can be loads.

Good luck - and try not to let the numbers make you mad!!! x

I would say - get off the scales - and this advice comes from a seriel weigher!!!! you need to just take the news from your SW scales at class, not your own. The difference in 24 hours can be loads.

Good luck - and try not to let the numbers make you mad!!! x

See, this is where I have a problem with this recommendation! What if I only weighed once a week and that was the one day where my weight fluctuated UP?? I would be devastated and feel demoralised ... whereas if I weigh myself every couple of days (OK, be truthful, every day :eek:) I can keep an eye on the overall picture :blahblah:

If you only weigh once a week - you wouldnt know if it was up or down. Its just your weight that day.

Weighing each day is what i used to do and it drove me mad. I feel so much better not knowing - and just trying to stick to plan 100% - cos getting on and off the scales was not doing me any favours. I dont lose pounds from hopping on and off 10 times a day so i just gave up the habit :)

Over time your body will lose weight - some weeks more than others. Week to week is a great measure, but i prefer to look at my weight loss month to month instead. As a woman there are times of the month you retain more water so some weeks you are not going to have such a great loss - but on a month to month basis you can see the changes in the numbers.

If you only weigh once a week - you wouldnt know if it was up or down. Its just your weight that day.

Weighing each day is what i used to do and it drove me mad. I feel so much better not knowing - and just trying to stick to plan 100% - cos getting on and off the scales was not doing me any favours. I dont lose pounds from hopping on and off 10 times a day so i just gave up the habit :)

Over time your body will lose weight - some weeks more than others. Week to week is a great measure, but i prefer to look at my weight loss month to month instead. As a woman there are times of the month you retain more water so some weeks you are not going to have such a great loss - but on a month to month basis you can see the changes in the numbers.

Good point! Well said ;)

I also did this last week normally weigh at group on thurs morn and last week weighed weds morning to see how I was getting on - only lost 1/2 lb then found it really hard all day weds to stick to it as was disappointed

Anyway managed to make it to thurs and had lost 1 1/2 at group

It's best not to weigh in between - I find if I've had a good loss in between I give myself more leeway and have extra bit and bobs and if I've not lost much I'm really disappointed and think what's the point

Either way I just sabotage myself so best not to know then start each new week afresh after group :)

I weigh in at group on a Wednesday evening, but can't seem to stop getting on the scales at home first thing in the morning, but I think my scales are broken or not accurate at all. I still seem to be losing on SW scales, but staying the same on my own and I seem to weigh less as the day goes on and heavier first thing in teh morning when I get up.

Really need to throw the scales away.

Hamish's Mum said:
I weigh in at group on a Wednesday evening, but can't seem to stop getting on the scales at home first thing in the morning, but I think my scales are broken or not accurate at all. I still seem to be losing on SW scales, but staying the same on my own and I seem to weigh less as the day goes on and heavier first thing in teh morning when I get up.

Really need to throw the scales away.

My own scales do exactly the same they never register my losses so I've thrown them away!!! X

Back