why can I not do this...

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I've been on sw a good year. I lost 1.5 stones. But since May last year can't seem to do it. I keep restarting then after a while keep losing/gaining the same 1lb.

I've got at least another 2 stone to lose...

I know exactly what to do, I know the plan works etc but just can't stick to it.

I do it at home alone as can't get to class; I give my Mum & sister loads of advice & support but can't seem to get my head into it.

I really want to do it & I don't want to be fatf

Sorry sent too soon...don't really know what I want from this post maybe just a reality check...or some advice...x

i had the same problem hun i lost 3 stone and then stuck then went up and down the same few pounds ...ive had a few months off alltogether and am now back at class gained 2lb in the first week so not happy but i am pregnant too .

is there anything you know is making you fall . maybe try a change of plan or something like a few red days

hi ya, i know it can be a real mental challenge at times and i have been going at this since 2002!!! on it off it!!! i laugh at all the mags i have got from over the years :)

But this time i am looking at it differently, i am looking at it as a permenant change, not just a diet..... i want to eat like this forever and not put myself under all the pressure i have before...

so i am making this decision....

I am not stepping on my scales at home, a friend is weighing me once a week....
I am also concentrating on what i can eat not what i can't... before it was all about what syns i can have and what i cant eat, now its thinking about what i can have and concentrating on the free foods and making the most of them....

I have put in my iphone on notes my weekly syn allowance of 105 and am deducting how many i have... i used to do it daily and would fall off plan if i went over my 15 because i couldn't remember how many i had the previous days.... this way i can save some for hungrier days if i like :)

I have only been back on plan since Sunday but i have been 100% in these days.... i never ever have been in any one week 100% but i really feel i can do this now and i am ready for the change and to do it too for my family...

You can do it, it just a switch that flicks and something changes in you....

good luck :)

It always used to be alcohol with me this time round however im pregnant so i dont have that worry
stick with it you have loads of support on here just rant and moan along with the rest of us or maybe you do need a day off and then jmp straight back into it with a fresher head!

I'm exactly the same I can tell the plan to anyone one hundred per cent Joe absolutely love the plan and the way it works however I just can not stick to it myself. I start the day focused and then I get a fancy for something bad and then it just carries on that way until I've eaten everything and then I'm disheartened xx

I spent a good 2 months trying to stick to SW plan but kept getting cravings which made me go off plan. Then i read an article in a magazine that said to stop cravings instead of taking away foods, add foods. For the next 2 weeks I added lots of SW foods but still ate what I wanted. Gradually SW friendly foods were enough and I didn't have the cravings. I've now done a month on plan and don't really have cravings any more. Did have a blip today though as after sticking to plan and exercising I stayed the same. Decided I was going to have a day eating what I wanted, but apart from a bit of chocolate I've stuck to plan as I haven't wanted the fatty foods. Good luck and I hope things get better for you soon.

Slimmingmadhouse what sort of things did u fancy and what did u have in place off. It's def the cravings that make me fail asthe plan is more than easy to follow and the food is lovely it's just the cravings and I also think maybe my portions are too big too xx

Thanks for all the replies. Things haven't been easy at home but I'm not going to use that as an excuse.

I tried ee but I think I'm going to go back to red. Potatoes, bread & pasta bloat me. Also I love bread do can't just stop at the allowance. So I think I'm just not going to have it.

I think maybe the other thing is I'm not drinking enough. I'm going to try cut out the tea/coffee as I always have to have something with it.

I'm also going to get a friend to weigh me weekly as this will be like going to class.

See I know exactly what I need to do its just getting in the mindset.

I'm going to plan a week incorporating my syns & stick to it rigidly.

Maybe if I go back to the start & this time make it work.

Think its portions with me too, a bowl of soup just doesn't cut it! Lol...

Slimmingmadhouse what sort of things did u fancy and what did u have in place off. It's def the cravings that make me fail asthe plan is more than easy to follow and the food is lovely it's just the cravings and I also think maybe my portions are too big too xx

I craved chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc definatly the sweet things for me. I'm also the type of person that wants it more if you can't have it! lol The first week I didn't stop myself eating anything I craved but made sure I added more fruit, veg syn free yoghurt and sw meals to my diet. The second week I didn't crave as much and by the third I was ready to stick to plan. The article I read said that a gradual process of adding foods made you crave the other foods less and so you naturally ate less of them and it worked for me.

Back