Why can you lot do it but i can't ??

I am sat here in tears. I joint a good couple of months ago and rather than losing weight I have put on weight ... through my own fault of cheating and eating a lot of junk.

I have a long distance relationship, I last saw him in February.....that is because I have since put on 2st and I haven't told him! I don't feel confident/comfortable meeting him with my weight gain - I look fat in everything and look hideous naked!! I keep making excuses as to why I can't meet him - yes he has been very patient but for how long I don't know?

I know Cambridge works, I can see from all these posts and last week I managed mon-fri on 3 shakes and I lost a good 6 pounds but then Friday night came, I got in from work and raided the kitchen cupboards!! then the weekend followed eating tons of junk then this week i can stick to my 3 shakes and then lose it in the evenings! I have now put back on the 6 pounds plus 3 more!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! the first week is the hardest and the evenings are alwaaays the worst!! But you really can do it!! Have you got some packs there? If so, tomorrow morning..fresh start :) wake up and start your shakes and drink your water! If at any time you feel like you want something or you want to give in then come on here and post a message and i will reply! Once you get through the week, the next one will roll by, and the weight will drop off and you will feel not only better physically but mentally too! You will feel happier that you are in control and you will gain the confidence to see your partner too. The first bit is the hardest battle but we can all do it together :) hope you are ok x

Why not try SS+ or step 2/3? I'm sure it will ease you in much easier and you can then decide if you want to drop back to SS. Believe me I do not find it easy, I have to do SS+ as the three products just don't satisfy me. If this wasn't so expensive I would have given up but I've invested too much money and perhaps effort, to give up now x

Oh and on the evenings I will goto bed and watch Tv from 7 onwards, I find it easier as I'm then too lazy to go downstairs for food a d avoid my hubby munching! I do feel a bit of a bore but he is often quite busy at night anyway as he runs his own business. He is about to do 5 weeks work with evenings staying over so I will feel like I can go to bed and not worry about depriving him if my company haha. Fizzy water with flavouring in the evenings is my saviour, try it! X

thanks so much for the replies....I have started again today and so far had my two shakes. I resisted the biscuits/chocolates on the side at work this morning (it was hard!!) Last year (when I was slim) it would never have even entered my head to eat biscuits/chocs at work but now I could quite easily sit and eat the box!! However, this needs to change and I want my old body back!! So far so good today....I CAN DO IT!!

Thanks guys xxx

YES!! Im so pleased for you and you're completely right! You can do it and you will!! :D i keep sticking to a little phrase "if youre tired of staring over, stop giving up!" And its so true, if ive ever given up its frustrating and i feel dissapointed in myself but inevitabley i will start ofer, and each time im like "i wish i would have just stuck to it" so stick to it because you can :) good luck and well done for getting back on track!! :))

YES!! Im so pleased for you and you're completely right! You can do it and you will!! :D i keep sticking to a little phrase "if youre tired of staring over, stop giving up!" And its so true, if ive ever given up its frustrating and i feel dissapointed in myself but inevitabley i will start ofer, and each time im like "i wish i would have just stuck to it" so stick to it because you can :) good luck and well done for getting back on track!! :))

Thank you so much for your supportive words - your two posts have really helped! It's nice to chat to people who have done it and/or are going through what i'm going through!! I've had my three shakes for the day, if I get to the point this eve where I think I might cheat (usually 9ish!!) then i'll go to bed!! What shakes do you like? x

Anytime! I completely understand how you feel and we can do it together:) thats brilliant! Well done! If you get to the point when your hungry, some people have some chicken, ham etc. or you could do as someone suggested above and go on a different step. If you want to do ss what i have done before is have an extra shake at times of desperation, and its nots coming off plan as youre not having something you shouldnt! I saw your height is 5ft8 i beleive if you are 5ft8 you can have four shakes a day anyway instead of three :) hope your saturday night has gone well :D

Oh shakes i quite like butterscotch and toffee and walnut! The chocolate i always make sure i get a few as i put alot of water with them and they (unlike the others) dont lose the flavour with more water added! I love the porridges:) but my new favourite is the lemon bars! You can have 2 of them a day and a shake/soup or porridge !!!so im loving that! :D

Anytime! I completely understand how you feel and we can do it together:) thats brilliant! Well done! If you get to the point when your hungry, some people have some chicken, ham etc. or you could do as someone suggested above and go on a different step. If you want to do ss what i have done before is have an extra shake at times of desperation, and its nots coming off plan as youre not having something you shouldnt! I saw your height is 5ft8 i beleive if you are 5ft8 you can have four shakes a day anyway instead of three :) hope your saturday night has gone well :D
Thanks for your message - i'm on track today so far!! I've actually found this weekend a breeze, I think it's because I've been outside sunbathing. When i'm in the office, I just seem to think about food all the time!! I'm desperate to see my partner.... how long do you think it would take me to shift 2 stone?

Oh shakes i quite like butterscotch and toffee and walnut! The chocolate i always make sure i get a few as i put alot of water with them and they (unlike the others) dont lose the flavour with more water added! I love the porridges:) but my new favourite is the lemon bars! You can have 2 of them a day and a shake/soup or porridge !!!so im loving that! :D
I love the toffee and walnut shake, I also love the porridges esp maple and pecan!! I think even if I wasn't on the diet, i'd still love them!! Not tried the bars yet.

Yeah the weather is lush isnt it!! Yeah i love the porridges, i tried apple and cinnamon the other day and i think they are so nice:) if you get a chance, try the bars! You are allowed two lemon yogurt bars a day with a shakesoup or porridge or one lemon yogurt bar, one chocolate covered bar and a soupshake or porridge! Its made me feel much happier as i have a bar for breakfast, porridge for dinner and i know i still have somethin to munch on in the evenings! :D also, if you go onto google and type in 'cambridge recipies minimins' you will see the link for recipies of how you can change your shakes and soups into (for example) cakes and crisps! I think cambridge say you can lose around a stone a month, so if you stick to it and make sure you drink your water you'll be there in no time!!:)

Yeah the weather is lush isnt it!! Yeah i love the porridges, i tried apple and cinnamon the other day and i think they are so nice:) if you get a chance, try the bars! You are allowed two lemon yogurt bars a day with a shakesoup or porridge or one lemon yogurt bar, one chocolate covered bar and a soupshake or porridge! Its made me feel much happier as i have a bar for breakfast, porridge for dinner and i know i still have somethin to munch on in the evenings! :D also, if you go onto google and type in 'cambridge recipies minimins' you will see the link for recipies of how you can change your shakes and soups into (for example) cakes and crisps! I think cambridge say you can lose around a stone a month, so if you stick to it and make sure you drink your water you'll be there in no time!!:)

Oh dear, 2 months seems like a life sentence! It's my old fault...why did I let it get out of control?! I knew I was putting the weight on!

I've had a chocolate shake for breakfast and a vanilla shake for lunch. Wish I had more of the porridges and toffee shakes; I've got a load of chocolate shakes which i'm not that keen on!!

What do you do in the evenings to keep you going? what times do you eat your products? (just out of interest!)

Im sure weve all done it, i certainly have..hence why im here haha so dont worry, the past is the past its a new journey fresh start! I often have the chocolate ones hot with just a little water and put it in the microwave for a minute, it kind of is like a hot chocolate custard!
what i try to do is have my first one at about 11 my second i will try and hold off till 4 and then my bar i will have (this will sound sad) but when the soaps are on haha so around 8ish or if i can holdoff a little longer i will. I find it easier that way as if i were to have the last one in the evening, say 5 then i know i would be going mad wanting something! So, closer to bedtime the better for me! When do u have yours? My consultant said to take my mind of it in the evenings have a bubble bath, i don't really have any tactics haha i just glug water to fill me up! X

Don't worry too much about it, knock a stone on the head then see him, he might not even notice, or care anyhow.

I'm in a LDR, I was 16st when we met, he loves me whatever size I am. But the surprise element is a great motivator, I didn't see my OH between nov and end of feb, it was fab seeing his face when he saw the difference in me, so maybe that might work as a great motivator for you too?

X

Try SS+ if you are struggling, I swapped over as I was getting really fed up on SS and cheating loads. Now I'm having similar losses and getting a bit more freedom xxx

Lots of great advice there. I particularly like what CrazyDiamond said about the surprise element, and I'm sure you don't look disgusting naked. You can sue your long-distance relationship to your advantage - i.e. you won't have a man around trying to take you to dinner or wanting you to eat lunch with him. You can totally selfish and self-centred and focused on making this enormous and positive change for yourself. It seems like you're on a roll now but don't beat yourself up over your abortive efforts before. I started this diet for the first time in 2007 and I'm really only now in the right mindset to do it. Attitude is everything. :)

Back