why cant i be strong.

Sass

Silver Member
Morning guys, i had a major blip on friday and i just wanted to know how many of you let that food demon win ? I feel so crap about it but i really wanted to eat at the time and couldn't stop myself, i could kick myself for it but at the time i enjoyed the food.

I want to lose this weight more than anything but i feel like the only one who actually gives in and eats. most of you on here i read about manage to win the battle. I want to be that strong and i admire everyone on here who does stick with it 100%. This is only my 3rd week and i have picked on my first week and my second and now my 3rd :cry:

I love the diet, i enjoy the shakes so i just don't know why i'm doing this ?

I want to get myself into gear and just get on with it. Its taken me this long to post about my blip because i have felt so terrible about it.

You're not alone, trust me!

You are not the only one! I did the diet well last year for 8 weeks but then I started to get tempted all the time! My job is quite stressful and I started justifying a chicken kebab :eek: on a bad day and bits of cheese and ham too!!
I stopped suddenly after that because I felt I had failed and lo and behold I am the same as my start weight this time last year!!!
As long as you kick yourself for it but then get straight back on the wagon then one blip will be just that!!
Em x

Hey hun, don't feel bad. Nearly everyone succumbs to the 'food demons' at some point or another. It's just that when they do, they go quiet for a few days. Or weeks... :D

So you'll read more about people beating them than not beating them - because people like to celebrate when they win!

But don't think about food like that. It's just food, okay? We all need it. That's why losing weight is different to say, giving up smoking. You can live without fags, you can't live without eating something. And I'm guessing if you're like most of us, food has been your best friend in a while. It can be tricky finding another prop to lean on - but you will, if you keep going.

Just keep putting the blips behind you, keep going, and you'll get there, honest!

Hugs :hug99:

I'm not going to give up but i just wish i could make this easier on myself by learning to deal with the nagging demon telling me to eat.

I try to justify eating, i think oh well just this one day off diet wont hurt or if i have a piece of chicken i think well it wont kick me out of ketosis so its okay but for me the problem is one i start i cant stop. I plan on sticking with it 100% from now on, i have a goal to meet by the beginning of september so i should really focus on that.

Thanks for the replay Em, and good luck to you if your starting again xx

your right Lily, i gave up smoking last year, i used to go through 20 a day and i gave up with no trouble at all. Food on the other hand is different and like you say its because we do need it. I intend to pick myself up and dust myself off and hope that next time i get the urge i can beat it.

Sass,
Hang in there hon, your doing so well... when you go to have a blip think about why you are doing it, is there something that causes you do it.. Is it around the totm when you feel like you need something more is it if you are bored and at home.
I have found around when totm is due I feel like I could eat something but I try to do something to take me away from that... Try and drink more water around that time or keep yourself busy.
Dont beat yourself up about it...... just try and work out why you do it when you do..
Your doing fab so hang in there x

I've had major blips these last three weeks due to not feeling very well.
But I decided to get myself back on track this monday and has been on 100% since.
The only thing I can say is that most of us have hard times where we give in to the temptations. Think about it, you're giving up the food that you've been eating for your whole life (or a longer period of it). It's not so easy to just break the chains.
You've done an amazing job loosing 37 pounds so far and I'm confident you can shed the rest of it!
Try to keep yourself busy, it might help. :)

Thank you so much Curly and Pichi - I will indeed stop and think before i dive into the fridge next time. I cant explain why i did eat other than the fact that i was so tired on Friday that when the kids went to school i went back to bed and woke at 1.30, i had not had a single thing to eat or drink so at when i woke up i was starving and just needed to eat something. I do have myself into a routine with having my shakes so i think i need to stick to that or it seems i go off the rails.

Dont beat yourself up about it your not going through this alone honey!! Why dont you try ss+ that way you can have a bit of food and not feel guilty about it. Good luck my dear xxx

This diet is so hard, don't be to hard on yourself for wanting food. I managed a week of keeping on track but 2nd week was rubbish and I even ate a whole sainsburys cooked chicken, afterwards I felt rubbish, so from then on I've been ss100% and if I crave food I just convince myself it's just not worth it, because it really isn't!!

Thanks so much everyone. I'm now on day 3 after my blip and i'm still not into ketosis, i know for sure that i'm not going through this again, food just isn't worth it. Its funny how i got into ketosis on day 2 of the start of my diet and now it seems harder to get back into.

Hey hun,
It's in the past; try to make a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight and look at it when you feel tempted xx

Just hang in there and think you really want this, I did this last year and managed the days and fell off the nights for stupid cravings that i would not normally eat, im kicking myself now as I started again bang on a year later ok ive had one camping trip blip and it took a week to get myself back in the right frame of mind.

Just dont beat yourself up and think about what you really want, I have posters in the cupboards hehe telling myself off with a pic of myself at my worst, I wont even open the sweet cupboard cos the pic is horrid, but thats my way of dealing with myself.

Good luck with it xx

Well done on your weight loss so far, your stats for week 1 and 2 look fantastic to me !!!!!!!!! It is hard, I could eat my own arm at times ! I have to keep doing things to keep busy like reading, ironing (groan) and even have bought some puzzle books !

I buttered some toast for DD2 yesterday and it was ww wholemeal, i would have loved a bite !!

I keep trying to think about WHY I am doing this, not only to lose a lot of weight but to realise food is fuel, it isn't a reward for a hard day, stress etc, or the only thing that I look forward to in life (my next meal) hahaha !

Stick in and come on the forum when tempted, I am sure that is what has kept me going for 12 days, the support and advice of everyone here !

Hun, i re-started on Saturday and didn't even make it through the weekend without eating! We know the food only gives us a feel-good feeling while we're eating it (and then we feel like cr*p) but sometimes its just hard to remember that when you hear the call of the fridge.
Just remember that even if you do blip, you're still not eating half as much food as you used to - and that in itself is an achievement. Draw a line and keep going hun. You can do it!!

I know I've been posting this poem on several threads, but I think it's so good I want to share it! Apologies to peeps who have already read it........xxxx

YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW
There are two days in every week about which we should not worry.
Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares,
Its faults and blunders, Its aches and pains.
Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.
We cannot undo a single act we performed.
We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow.
With its possible adversities, Its burdens,
Its large promise and poor performance.
Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.
Tomorrow's Sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds,
but it will rise.
Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.
This just leaves only one day . . . Today.
Any person can fight the battles of just one day.
It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternity's -
yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.
It is not the experience of today that drives people mad.
It is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Let us therefore live but one day at a time.

love the poem, thanks furrysmudge xx

I was so worried about posting about my blip on here because i felt so crap about it and didn't want to be negative or seem to be failing this early on in the diet but you have all been great and i'm feeling ultra motivated again, thankyou all so much.

If I am really struggling with a need for 'normal' food, I have an SS+ meal, this gets rid of the craving and I am still officially on the diet, so no horrible guilt or coming out of ketosis. This is what my CDC recommended and the one time it happened, it was fine, and I had a better weight loss that week than usual.

Back