why cant I do it???

xKimmyRx

soon to be slim...x
Im so stressed out and findin it so hard to stick to my diet. I am so easily led astray. I try so hard during the day but then once nighttime comes I just kinda give up. Iv got my hols in 3 month and I look and feel so fat. Can someone please give me some guidance on how you manage to stick to ur diets. Its gettin me so down. Any help would be appreciated :)

You are doing WeightWatchers? Can you save a few of your points for snacks in the evening so that you don't end up eating stuff that is outside of your plan?

I keep dropping off diets too and have had a hard time but my head has kinda come around in the past few weeks and i'm more committed. What did it for me was the realisation that i AM worthy of being a healthy, attractive person and that i deserve to succeed in this. Strange as it sounds, when i kept telling myself i'm such a failure and feeling so down about everything, i think mentally i thought of myself as the fat person and that i will always be the fat person. After thinking and thinking on it i've finally come around to visualising myself as the 'normal' weight i want to be and knowing that wanting to be slim and attractive is nothing to be ashamed of or worried about. I'm not sure if this is like you at all, but maybe something to look in to because if part of you in the back of your mind actually is afraid of being thinner and feels 'safe' being fat and feels that you don't deserve to succeed and that you are a failure, well, then this is exactly what ends up happening and your self-control crumbles at the slightest temptation because deep down you know it's not worth it.

You probably need to identify exactly what situations it is that you are struggling with and put into place some actions which you can use when those situations present themselves. For instance, one of my problems is watching TV alone in the evenings after my daughter has gone to bed. I know this is my weak spot. So i try to plan for it by scheduling things to do which are relaxing and pleasant but are not eating. I have taken up sewing and spending more time on minimins forum, and make a point to turn the sound off my TV if any adverts come on because i know that food ads are triggering for me. I think you need to find something constructive to do at these moments, and maybe write it down and email it to yourself or something (it's what i do) so you have it there and can read it when you get in trouble and will know what to do. I know some other people on here who do other activities like go for a walk, paint their nails, have a long bath, etc. then it's a case of 'just doing it' because you have to and there is no other way, you don't deserve to be this fat person and you won't be for any longer than necessary to get to your goal... you can do it!

Thank u so much for ur reply. Its comfortin knowin thers other people that feel like I do. I tend to overeat when im stressd out or if iv had an argument with my parter. I know I can be thin and pretty and feel great cos I have sone b4 but since havin my baby I cant seem to find any motivation to do anything anymore. Im desperate to lose the weight and I know if I get a stone off and people to start to notice it, it will spur my on to keep goin cos thats what happend last time. I felt so great when people commentd and said have u lost weight? Its the best feelin ever. Iv been poorly for couple days and not really ate anything but as soon as im all better im goin to take control and get this fat off!! Thanks again for ur support :)

It's really hard when you have kids to look after. My daughter is 3 and i felt how you feel now until she was 2, and only now 3 years on am i making a real effort to lose weight and feel motivated.

Sorry you have been poorly. Well, looking on the bright side it could be a nice boost before starting the diet - probably lost a couple of pounds!

Let me know how you get on once you start, come and post if things get tough and get some support, or a kick, whatever you need!

Good luck

Thanks so much I will do :)
I think I just need to take control b4 my weight takes over and its too late.
X

It's never too late :) all you can do is your best. The biggest most important best advice you'll ever get is this.......just keep on trying!!!
If you fall spectacularly off plan then just LET IT GO. and try again. it's a lesson I learnt last yr and has honestly been the single most inspiring thing!! I struggle, and I overeat some days. Buts it's more important to just get back on track than worry about what's already happened!!!

And if the comfort eating fairies do get you then be honest! Record what you've had. Then if your feeling up to it set yourself the challenge of repairing 50% of the damage!! So if you follow WW and have eaten an extra 10 points then set yourself the goal of earning at least 5 exercise ones back by WI :) it will help you feel back in control and will reinforce just how NOT worth all the sweating a mats bar really is lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Legomom said:
It's never too late :) all you can do is your best. The biggest most important best advice you'll ever get is this.......just keep on trying!!!
If you fall spectacularly off plan then just LET IT GO. and try again. it's a lesson I learnt last yr and has honestly been the single most inspiring thing!! I struggle, and I overeat some days. Buts it's more important to just get back on track than worry about what's already happened!!!

And if the comfort eating fairies do get you then be honest! Record what you've had. Then if your feeling up to it set yourself the challenge of repairing 50% of the damage!! So if you follow WW and have eaten an extra 10 points then set yourself the goal of earning at least 5 exercise ones back by WI :) it will help you feel back in control and will reinforce just how NOT worth all the sweating a mats bar really is lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank u for ur advice :) thers nothin worse for me then fallin off track n havin a binge it makes me feel so worthless and fat. To be honest tho these past few day I feel so in control and havnt even given chocolate a second thought ! I hope I can keep it up ! X

Back