Why cant i do it?

Slimfor2013

I look on this site and its great that everyone is really enjoying the plan and doing well. I enjoy the plan too wen I am in the zone but I just can't get in to it. I started again in sept at 15.4 the weight loss was so slow I lost 1.5 my first week which was disheartening as I always have a big loss my first week on any plan and wen I did sw before my 1st week loss was 4.5.
My 2nd week I had a gain, third week was a good loss of 3.5 following red/green then it was half a pound. And its been gains the past 2 weeks now I weigh 15.3 which means I hav a total loss of 1 pound. I know it's my fault I just can't get into it. Even weeks I say iv been 100% I'm lying to my self because a week don't go by where I don't have a bite of a biscuit or nick 2/3 crisps of my partner or a bite of his chocolate!
As I sed before wen I'm on it I really enjoy it but I need some motivation and to be stricter on my self to see the results I want to see on the scales but it's easier said than done. My C is great she phones to see how I'm doing and gave me an SAS log but I'm just finding it so hard.
I don't know how I'm going to get back into it coz I feel like I have got my self into a habit of trying to cheat it which obviously isn't working and im not saying I want to cheat I just want to get back into it, my main struggle is lunch times I need to pop over to the whats for lunch thread and steal I few ideas I think .
Hopefully writing it all down will give me the kick up the bum I need. Thanks for reading x

You need to remember why you are doing this, I have mentioned this on a few other threads, but get a picture of yourself when you are at your biggest and put it on the fridge. I find this helps as its a constant reminder of why you want to lose weight. You can do it, youv just lost your way a bit, everyone goes through these times.

I've done that with the picture as well - i had a real shock when i saw myself at my uncles wedding - i think i was deluding myself up until that point.

Also i find it helps to put up your certificates when they start coming

As for lunch - can you cook a little bit extra the night before and then reheat it for lunch? It saves having to think about it ...

Thanks for your replies u both have some good points there. I will do the picture I know I need to shock my self into doing something and I don't know y iv never thought about cooking extra.! Am defiantly going to be doing that from now on :). I hope I can do this I really do x

You aren't the only one struggling theres lots of us around. It is really hard at times. You need to find something to motivate you maybe the pic idea, an occasion coming up etc and then take it a meal/day at a time and you will get there.
There is no need to cheat just plan what you want and allow the syns for it.....says I after a terrible few days and trying to get back on plan and hold on to it for dear life!
Last christmas threw me completely off kilter and I've not sorted myself out properly yet so I want to get in a better position to take on this christmas.

Hope you got some inspiration for your lunches x

Just keep bobbing on here for support, inspiration, and motivation. It is hard, I have been doing it for nearly 2 years, 12 months at target BUT oh boy when you get there it really is worth it. If you have time to batch cook that will save you time later and if you are a member of S W log into the lifeline and get some nice recipes from there. That will keep you from boredom with your meals, which I think we all suffer from. My hubby has stayed the same this week, so I am going to adjust my meal planner and change things round a bit. Please dont give up, we are all here for you:)

Thanks everyone for ur replies!
Well surprisingly I lost 2lb last night! Was sooo happy I was only on plan 4days out of 7 so I know it was just luck really but seeing that loss had put me right back into sw mode I was getting so use to gaining I was beginning to give up but I feel so ready to get back on it now x

Hi. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't get your head in the right space. I was same as esmie and went crazy at Christmas then couldn't get back into it. Had to have a break and rejoin as new member. I've not looked back since, not yet anyway!

I've been reading the beck diet solution and it teaches you to answer your sabotaging thoughts. So you think:

'one bit won't matter I'll not bother counting it cause it was only small.'

You have to answer that with something like:

'yes it will matter, chocolate / biscuits / cake / etc have syns no matter how much I have. I need to count it so that I'm in control and dont go over my syns cause I know I'll be disappointed if I dont lose this week'

It's really helped me to think about what's important to me and has stopped me from going mad more than once. I would totally recommend it especially if your struggling.

Well done on your loss this week by the way!!

Thanks hollys nan and good advise browsie :)
Iv been so good today and I know it's only one day but iv been so bad lately it feels good to be back on it. I did something similar to that today, OH had chip shop chips, I had about 4 l, would usually just ignore it and not syn it but I synned them at 2, also I'm trying to stick to 5 syns per day this week as I'm out for a hen night sat and know il go over my syns, so I originally was having 2syns of BBQ sauce with dinner, but again the OH came home with a massive bar of choc, 1 square was 2.5 I would normally not even check the syns and nibble on half a square thinking nothing of it but I made the decision between the BBQ sauce or choc, I chose the choc, it was only a small piece for 2.5 but I was happy with that coz if I had to sit their and watch me partner eat the whole bar I would not have been responsible for my actions haha :)
Thanks or everyones support I hope I'm back on track now onwards and downwards for us all x

I look on this site and its great that everyone is really enjoying the plan and doing well. I enjoy the plan too wen I am in the zone but I just can't get in to it. I started again in sept at 15.4 the weight loss was so slow I lost 1.5 my first week which was disheartening as I always have a big loss my first week on any plan and wen I did sw before my 1st week loss was 4.5.
My 2nd week I had a gain, third week was a good loss of 3.5 following red/green then it was half a pound. And its been gains the past 2 weeks now I weigh 15.3 which means I hav a total loss of 1 pound. I know it's my fault I just can't get into it. Even weeks I say iv been 100% I'm lying to my self because a week don't go by where I don't have a bite of a biscuit or nick 2/3 crisps of my partner or a bite of his chocolate!
As I sed before wen I'm on it I really enjoy it but I need some motivation and to be stricter on my self to see the results I want to see on the scales but it's easier said than done. My C is great she phones to see how I'm doing and gave me an SAS log but I'm just finding it so hard.
I don't know how I'm going to get back into it coz I feel like I have got my self into a habit of trying to cheat it which obviously isn't working and im not saying I want to cheat I just want to get back into it, my main struggle is lunch times I need to pop over to the whats for lunch thread and steal I few ideas I think .
Hopefully writing it all down will give me the kick up the bum I need. Thanks for reading x

this sounds so like me too

i go away in 6 weeks, so i have target set, but im still struggling, i cant stay away from the odd buscuit, takeaway - i just cant say NO!!!! lol im only sabotarging myself ( rollseyes)

i think i need to try batch cooking, see if that helps me xx

I suggest you write a weekly menu and only buy what's needed for it, that way you will not get so tempted!
Go through the recipes on this forum, there are hundreds of recipes there. Write a food diary to see where you "cheat"
If you must have a chocolate boost then break the bar into small pieces say 3 syns and place in a small bag, then ONLY have ONE of them at a time.
Good luck.
Pete

I'm also struggling to get back into the 'zone'. I started on new years eve last year (random day I know lol) and lost almost 3 stone (only a pound to go) in about 7 or 8 months ready for our summer hols in August, but since then I've eaten everything in sight and at my last weigh in a few weeks ago I'd put on over a stone!!!! I feel disgusted but still can't get my head in the right place! Help!! My meals aren't too bad (porridge and fruit for brekkie, pasta in a homemade veggie sauce for lunch etc) but it's all the crap in between. I've got worse in the last couple of months since we got our second dog (he's now 17 weeks old). He's been such hard work and I started comfort eating again and just can't stop. I know the plan well and know exactly what I should be doing......there's some great advice on this thread....so as we're due a food shop I'm going to plan this weeks food while I'm babysitting tonight (my son is coming with me so he can help chose some meals too). I must not buy crap, I must not buy crap, I must not buy crap, I must not buy crap!!!!!

Back