Why cant i get back on it?

beckyblue

Silver Member
Hi all, been very stressed this week. I haven't been very good at sticking to plan, start of with good intentions and end up ruining it. Been skint so doing green days and it's been star FORTNIGHT! Just can't pick myself up and get on it!

((((BeckyBlue))))

I am a stress and binge eater and I have fallen off the wagon rcently ~ and with a lot of stress in my life at the moment I cannot seem to get a grip on any way of eating.

I might not know a lot but one thing I DO know ~ we are to keep brething. If all else fails take deep breaths.

I am looking forward to hearing what others have to say for you ~ I am soo in the same boat as you. And if you ever need a shoulder I'm here....

By the way ~ I do mainly green as well..... bcause I'm skint as much as anythign else.

What do you like to eat on plan?

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Stress is awful. But its giving into this stress & eating which has got us to where we are now, so try to remain positive and think of the reasons you started your sw journey and what you've gained by loosing the weight you've already lost.
Hang in there :)

Aw thanks ladies. I haven't had time to do anything (run a pub) so my diet hasn't had many speed foods in it as it has been mostly pasta, rice, mushy was, risotto and jacket spuds( along with biscuits and bread) any thing stodgy that is quick, easy and fills me up. Need some fruit and veg this week and back to the gym. I know I haven't eaten very well this week and have had a definate gain. Think I have also put a bit to much pressure on myself too, going away on 6th December with women I've never met (work) and we are going on a prop plane ... The last time I went away the seatbelt didn't fit April :( so I want to lose another stone by then!

Maybe take a look at some of the recipes on here that use cheap ingredients like potatoes and frozen vegetables etc and do yourself a meal plan for next week and try to keep it varied if possible (however I struggle with variety and end up eating the same meals)! I think it gets hard when we get bored of eating the same things everyday....it makes the things we shouldn't have look more appealing just cause its something different. Hope you get back on track...just remember how much you want this! You wouldn't be posting on here if you weren't determined! Hugs Xjx

I don't eat with stress so can't relate or offer any help.

But regards to getting in some superfree foods, I recently found frozen peppers, they are brill in chilli, pasta, rice etc.

You could chuck some in with mushrooms (tinned apparently - from other thread;)) and onions to bulk up your pasta.

It's definatley worth taking a walk down the frozen veggie isle, I also buy frozen cabbage:D

((((BeckyBlue))))

I am a stress and binge eater and I have fallen off the wagon rcently ~ and with a lot of stress in my life at the moment I cannot seem to get a grip on any way of eating.

I might not know a lot but one thing I DO know ~ we are to keep brething. If all else fails take deep breaths.

I am looking forward to hearing what others have to say for you ~ I am soo in the same boat as you. And if you ever need a shoulder I'm here....

By the way ~ I do mainly green as well..... bcause I'm skint as much as anythign else.

What do you like to eat on plan?

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

oooh my dog is called Pickles too - I find she helps a lot when I want to nibble. I put her on her lead and stride out - benefits us both!!

Calm down hun! x x x

According to your statistics you have lost over 4 stone - thats an amazing achievement. It sounds like to me that seat belt is going to fit. I had a similar problem at work where we have to wear a 'belt' for access to certain areas... bless them they had to put two together to go round me (how embarassing is that!!??) Now I need only one!

Don't undo all that hard work you have done so far - try to remember why you embarked on this journey and think of those reasons (we all have different ones).

My suggestions would be to cram those super speed foods, like raspberries and melons. Or if your after cheaper foods pop out and buy a big bag full of bananas/apples/pears/oranges... it looks great heaped up in any fruit basket x

I've been awful these past few days... Or if I'm honest it's been nearly a fortnight now. I knew my birthday was coming up and I think I just gave myself all that time off as an excuse. Must get back on it, but summoning up all that motivation is beyond me at the moment. I don't deal with things well. If I'm floundering I should be on here even more than usual, but I run and hide from it all when I know I haven't been on track. Gah!

Anyway, hope you find your sw mojo soon :)

When i'm run off my feet and no idea when will have time to stop and cook / eat, hard boiled eggs are perfect (cooked the night or day before then stored in fridge) are perfect for fill the gap.
Add couple of alpen light or HI fi light (HEX B) & couple banana's

Quick yet filling.

I know the feeling, I've been soooo bad this week. Expecting a gain at weigh in tomorrow night, dreading it!! xx

I can sympathise here as I've been really bad and not really followed plan for the last 3 weeks or so.

Weigh in tonight (didn't go last week as was ill) and not looking forward to it... I'm hoping the fact that I've had most of my hair cut off will help minimise the damage - it had to have weighed something, right?!

But, I have a whole pile of home made SW friendly ready meals in the freezer now so have no excuse to not stick to it a bit more this week, and am planning on maybe doing a fish week next week, see if that makes a difference (will also use up some of the fish that's hogging space in my freezer!).

My main battle is to stop drinking wine every evening, habit I've gotten into since moving out of my ex's and into my own place... really must stop doing it and save it for the weekends only.

I'm with you on the falling off the wagon. In fact, not only did I fall off the wagon, it reveresed over me then drove off laughing. I put on 5.5lbs in just 2 weeks.

My meals were SW friendly, it's the snacking that's done it. The baby is teething so he's had some bad nights so I've been so tired in the day. There's been too many times when I've gone to make yet another cup of tea and have eaten 5 or 6 biscuits before the kettle has even boiled! It's not even out of hunger, it's to make me feel better or give me a boost (which is ironic as the SW foods will make me feel better!).

I guess I can't blame the baby and 3 yr old though, it's my choices what goes in my mouth!

If you find some willpower and motivation, send it my way!

I also use a lot of frozen veg, means I get no waste as I do with fresh. Iceland sells bags of fruit for £1. There are so many yogurts you can choose from so you don't always have to go for the expensive brands (I think Tesco do one called Irish Diet Yogurts and they are £1 for a pack of 4).

I also keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge, they're good for a savoury snack. Also soup! Freeze some portions and keep some in the fridge so you can eat within minutes if peckish without resorting to synful snacking.

Find some quiet time, make a meal plan for the week. Read some of the stories from the SW site or magazine to get re-inspired. I like the ones about people the same height as me! Have a look at clothes that you want to wear and imagine how good it will be to order it in your dream size!

We can all do this. Wobbly weeks are part of it and sometimes life will get in the way but we can do it! Good luck! xxx

Back