Why can't we have all bars?

letmeout

Silver Member
Evenin' my lovelees and good things to you all!
Now then- I know most of the bars have higher carbs etc than shakes and tetras but thought that the peanut and cranberry flavours have the same of nutritional content as all shakes. If this is the case is there any reason why we can't have 2 ( or even more) bars a day.
I'm feeling right off my soups ! I love these two flavour bars ,either as they are or made in to cookies, and they don't make me hungry or windy!

I believe they can cause flatulence and a runny bottom..

I think the higher carbs in more than one bar will knock you out of ketosis - then you'll be hungry on the diet. I don't know if you've had more than one bar in a day but if you search back through the forum you'll see some people have had a very bad time if they've eaten two bars.

That said if you want to try it then it is your decision (and your CDCs if they'll sell you more bars). I know when I went off the shakes I cooked more than one pack a day for a while. Good luck.

Yep think it's the ketosis thing. When I ate more than one bar I deffo came out of ketosis.

Boo! I did think the peanut ones were the same carbs as shakes but I can't find t spec to read the packs!

I certainly don't want a runny botty!! Get that with the other bars anyway!!

and me -ROLF !!

Oh god don't eat more than one bar - When I got bold and decided to have two in a day i thought there was a tornado going on in my stomach. To the point that I broke wind and my housemate who lives downstairs at the other side of our house (which is massive) heard it and thought it someone was playing brass band music!!! The shame. Never ever again!

If you like being able to 'eat' something - then why not make muffins out of the shakes and crisps out of the soups? Muffins got me through the last few weeks of LL - and I wish I'd found them before!

Thanks Debs-I make the crisps and mousses-just going off the soups a bit and feeling a bit panicky about that. They have been my favourite up till now.

Oh god don't eat more than one bar - When I got bold and decided to have two in a day i thought there was a tornado going on in my stomach. To the point that I broke wind and my housemate who lives downstairs at the other side of our house (which is massive) heard it and thought it someone was playing brass band music!!! The shame. Never ever again!

OMG! I know just what you mean. If I've ever have more than one bar in a day my tummy feels (and sounds!) like a washing machine on it's final spin cycle. And as for the runs .... :argh:

Back