why did I bother?

Youre doing really well. Youre losing weight for YOU not for anyone else and so long as youre happy with it who cares about anyone else. Ive never volunteered how much Ive lost to anyone, and to be honest I get a bit embarassed when people keep commenting on it.

If they dont notice or arent interested enough - ignore them, theyll be commenting on it soon enough ;)

I am struggling to think who I am losing weight for - me? or other people?
I have been big all of my life - I was 11 stone when i got married nearly 24 years ago, and Ive had 4 children -2 of each , 2 boys with severe mental and pyhsical disabilities, I lost my eldest son on new Years day 1999. and my youngest son, bless him , little toad !! he's still here, but I know its only time before we loose him too -
So I guess my weight has really been the last thing on my mind .On one hand I want to loose weight and be '' NORMAL'' for myself , then on the other I'm doing it for others - so I get respect IYKWIM, cos like it or not when you are fat you get treated like your stupid etc, not only by work ,but also family. I dont want to be called FATTY - by a youth walking out of the shop door, all because i refused to sell him fags. I dont want to get into a situation where I will be picked on because of my size,........ Hang on ...... I'm doing it for myself aren't I ? am I ? oh I dunno I'm confused

I'm right there with you hon - I'd love to think that I'm losing the weight for myself only...but am I in actual fact?
I started this journey because I'd reached 22 stones 7lbs, the biggest I've ever been and was starting to have real issues with seats when we went out.
I've also been big for all my life (well, since the age of 10 years old. Looking at the school photos you can see that I suddenly gain weight at the age and never reduce again...one year after my sister was born...connection? Who knows!)...anyway, I *feel* that it's been all my life and it's who I am. I'm 'the fat, funny one' and the one with the 'big ar..bum..'...so what happens when I lose the weight? Who am I then???

Back