Why did I gain so much???

mrsrobinson

Second WI today. I had two days off track on Wed & Thurs last week (total of 134 syns over the two days) but for the last 5 have been angelic - exercise every day, 3L water daily, less than 6 syns a day...

I can understand a STS or even a 0.5lbs gain, but I gained 1.5lbs! What have I done wrong? Why so much?

Oh lovely :( The 2 days off must have had a huge influence on the gain.

Onwards and downwards! learn from this and know that to lose the weight we must keep at it 100%!

I know how upsetting it is when you have that unexpected gain. I have had a couple of weeks where I have gained without real reason but I think its best just to accept that we cant control our weight all the time it will jump up and down a bit without us doing anything too wrong.

I mean it could be maybe the 2 bad days caught up with you but I think with 5 angelic days after 2 bad it probably wasnt anything other than a randomness (is that even a word lol)

Try not to let it get you down, be 100% this week and think of the big loss im sure you will have next week :)

It could be the 2 days off track, it could be water retention, it could be a build up to * week, it could be the food still siting inside you from your time of plan if you havent been to the loo lol soz!

It could be many things! My suggestion would be go at it 100% this week and see what happens at WI.

We all have weeks with unexpected STS or gains, it'll be off in no time! Good luck hun xx

That doesn't sound too bad as it looks like you had an extra 4 days worth of syns. 59 over the 105 top weekly allowance?

It is certainly possible to STS or even lose but it can be a bit pot luck I think. I put on 3 this week and so if each pound is equal to 3500 calories, then I must have eaten/drunk an extra 10500 claories at the weekend. I was pished but not that blooming pished!:D

Take it on the chin, dont let in spoil your plan for this week and look forward to a higher than average loss next week. :)

Our bodies don't always do what we want them to, some people can go over syns and lose, my sister's girlf can eat well over syns and still lose and it's maddening! Whereas others like me can do 100% and still gain. You just have to get back on the horse and trust in the plan, imagine how much you could have gained if you'd had more than just 2 days off plan? If 2 days = +1.5 then 7 days could have been +4.5lbs or more so well done for getting back on plan!

I had a 1.5lb increase this week and I stuck to plan 100% and had below the total weekly allowance in syns! I WISH that I had had that many syns and had a 1.5lb increase! Just happens I guess.

I dont have a lot more to add, as always the ladies on here have given good advice and info to you.

just wanted to show my support to you ,keep at it bet next week you will have a loss and a smile on your face

;)

Don't worry too much. It will come off soon.
It probably was those two days.
If it's any consolation, I had a really bad week a few weeks ago and expected a small gain but put on 5 pounds.
I cut right back and stuck to plan and lost the 5 pounds the next week.
Being on target, I am finding it hard to find the right amount I should have, but generally if I put on a pound or two, I just cut back and it comes off the next week.
Apart from that 5 pound gain I am always in my target zone.. up, down, up, down but there.

My advise is just be very good this week and you should lose it, and maybe more!
Good luck

Back