why discover and not pp??

I picked discover plan as i already had all the information and points calculator.
I have had great success with discover in the past so wanted to stick with it this time.
Im sure both work well though just pick the one which suits your eating habits the best i guess.
Good luck with whichever one you choose :)

I got to goal on Discover before and then gained weight back because I was unwell and didn't excercise and ate rubbish. I re-joined WW last year on Discover, but my attempt was a bit half hearted. In Jan this year I rejoined online (I work shifts, so can't get to a regular meeting) and really gave it a go for 3 months, but I found my weight loss frustratingly slow, compared to Discover, and I also found I was hungry alot of the time as I am not a big fan of fruit and I like my carbs which seem to generally use up more pp allocation than they did on the old points. The other thing I did not like, or agree with, is that fruit was free, but I had to count peas and sweetcorn. I can't see the sense in that! I have been back on Discover for a while now (I still have all the info for it) and my weight loss is back on track, plus I feel I know exactly what I am doing.

I got to goal on Discover before and then gained weight back because I was unwell and didn't excercise and ate rubbish. I re-joined WW last year on Discover, but my attempt was a bit half hearted. In Jan this year I rejoined online (I work shifts, so can't get to a regular meeting) and really gave it a go for 3 months, but I found my weight loss frustratingly slow, compared to Discover, and I also found I was hungry alot of the time as I am not a big fan of fruit and I like my carbs which seem to generally use up more pp allocation than they did on the old points. The other thing I did not like, or agree with, is that fruit was free, but I had to count peas and sweetcorn. I can't see the sense in that! I have been back on Discover for a while now (I still have all the info for it) and my weight loss is back on track, plus I feel I know exactly what I am doing.

We sound really similar in eating habits lol. Makes me even more glad i stuck with discover and didnt try the pro points !
Glad you have got back on track with discover and hope you see some fantastic weight losses :)

im the same as both of the above...it works...well for me it does...and i wouldnt ever think of doing anything else :)

I'm interested inthis how would i work out discovery point allowance? And how would i convert pro pointed stuff into discovery??
Thanks x

theres a section in the main ww thread that gives you a quiz to work out your points....and then using the calculator or an online one, you work out points by the calories and sat fat....easy peasy lemon squeeeeeeeeezy :)

The points you get depends on a number of things:

Are you:
Female = Score 3
Male = Score 9

Are you a breastfeeding mother?
No = Score 0
Yes, breastfeeding exclusively = Score 10
Yes, supplementing breastfeeding with solid foods = Score 5

How old are you?
16 - 20 = Score 5
21 - 35 = Score 4
36 - 50 = Score 3
51 - 65 = Score 2
Over 65 = Score 1

How many stones do you weigh?
Ignore the lb, the number of stones is your score for this question. Someone who weights 12st 4lb will score 12

How tall are you?
Under 5ft 4ins = Score 1
5ft 4ins or above = Score 2

In your day to day life are you:
Sitting down most of the time = Score 0
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing = Score 2
Walking most of the time = Score 4
Doing physically hard work most of the time = Score 6

Add all the sections together and thats your daily allowance.

Dinx said:
The points you get depends on a number of things:

Are you:
Female = Score 3
Male = Score 9

Are you a breastfeeding mother?
No = Score 0
Yes, breastfeeding exclusively = Score 10
Yes, supplementing breastfeeding with solid foods = Score 5

How old are you?
16 - 20 = Score 5
21 - 35 = Score 4
36 - 50 = Score 3
51 - 65 = Score 2
Over 65 = Score 1

How many stones do you weigh?
Ignore the lb, the number of stones is your score for this question. Someone who weights 12st 4lb will score 12

How tall are you?
Under 5ft 4ins = Score 1
5ft 4ins or above = Score 2

In your day to day life are you:
Sitting down most of the time = Score 0
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing = Score 2
Walking most of the time = Score 4
Doing physically hard work most of the time = Score 6

Add all the sections together and thats your daily allowance.

Tnx dinx comes out at 22 which is less points than propoints but on discover things are pointed differently aren't they?

yes everything is pointed differently pretty much.....you just work using the cals and sat fats.

Ahh, don't leave, we'd hate to loose you in the PP Section :rolleyes:

Best of luck whichever you decide ;)

Back