Why do I do it.

Veggie Dieter

Silver Member
I am so annoyed with myself, i've been doing great, lost 17lb in 5 weeks and after being really positive and my head in the right place I just went and lost it yday. I don't know why I do it, I just ate far too much to mention and certainly can't pull it back to get a loss for nxt wi on Monday - it's not as if I can cut back to get the points down coz it was crazy. It's as if I think the damage will be wiped out the next day so I just kept getting something else, like I was on a trolley dash just with nice food! - arghhh so annoyed today.

I have put this post on here so that im not fooling myself as I want to be true to myself and this seems to help me - I am back on track today (thankfully) but im just so disheartened coz I know im not going to lose nxt week no matter what I do - thanks for listening to my rant and any words of wisdom are welcome please.

Last edited:
like you said start again today,,what's done is done no point beating yourself up over it:) the important thing is you've gotten back on track:)

I think if we dont have one wobbly day every now and again we wouldnt be human! But you've got back on track today, and you never know what Monday might bring! Just hang in there, theres quite a lot of us in the same boat, we just gotta get up and dust ourselves off :)
Good luck!!!!

I know how you feel hun, but the fact you're acknowledging it is so important. I had 5 days completely off track and was up about 4.5 pounds, and it was for no reason other than laziness and greed. But I'm firmly back on the wagon and I am always more determined and dedicated if I've had a wee blowout- I remember it's not worth it and how good I feel when I'm on track! I've already lost a few of those pounds and although I know I won't be back down in time for WI, I also know that I CAN be back down by the WI after.
Just put it behind you, find that motivation again, and you'll be grand :)

I know how you feel hun, but the fact you're acknowledging it is so important. I had 5 days completely off track and was up about 4.5 pounds, and it was for no reason other than laziness and greed. But I'm firmly back on the wagon and I am always more determined and dedicated if I've had a wee blowout- I remember it's not worth it and how good I feel when I'm on track! I've already lost a few of those pounds and although I know I won't be back down in time for WI, I also know that I CAN be back down by the WI after.
Just put it behind you, find that motivation again, and you'll be grand :)

Great advice which I have well and truely taken onboard - thanks.

Did u weigh today? How did u get on? I'm goin tomorrow, cripes :)

I put 2lb on - but I was off for most of the week - the feeling I get when I wake up and have been healthly the day before is great - i'm sooo annoyed as it's like a waste of 2 weeks good work, one putting weight on and the other getting it off just to get to where I was 3 weeks before hand but i'm going to be positive and look forward now - been very good all day yday and today and I know my head is in the right place which is very important - how have you been?

Veggie Dieter said:
I put 2lb on - but I was off for most of the week - the feeling I get when I wake up and have been healthly the day before is great - i'm sooo annoyed as it's like a waste of 2 weeks good work, one putting weight on and the other getting it off just to get to where I was 3 weeks before hand but i'm going to be positive and look forward now - been very good all day yday and today and I know my head is in the right place which is very important - how have you been?

Well it's great ur back on track & good luck for this week! I weigh in monthly as at goal, only lost 0.5lb so disappointed. I normally sit 5lbs below goal, just finding pp's soooooooo slow.... Have tried exercise/ no exercise, weeklies/ no weeklies, sugar treats/ no sugar treats lol but nothing seems to have an affect. Grrr lol

Well after last week i've had a really good week and my Wi this morning showed - 4.5lb loss, so worth saying no to all the food and alcohol (been to 3 parties) - now lost 20lb, feeling very proud this morning.

Thx Kieragh, it's made me even more determind, im changing coming off the diet last wk to a positive by reminding myself how easy it is to slip in to old ways and how awful I felt compared to how proud I'm feeling now - thanks for the encouragement and hope your doing well.

Well I had a day like that the other day where I ate everything that was not nailed down healthy or not!! doing better today! Please keep me in your thoughts

Well I had a day like that the other day where I ate everything that was not nailed down healthy or not!! doing better today! Please keep me in your thoughts

Main thing is we are back on track - no one is perfect! Good luck this week - just pm's you - spooky! (just got your reply)

wow well done u have sum great losses

Well after last week i've had a really good week and my Wi this morning showed - 4.5lb loss, so worth saying no to all the food and alcohol (been to 3 parties) - now lost 20lb, feeling very proud this morning.

fantastic result! You just need to keep telling yourself it will all be worth it - 20lbs is AMAZING!

fantastic result! You just need to keep telling yourself it will all be worth it - 20lbs is AMAZING!

Thanks - have you seen how similar our goals and weight are!

Veggie Dieter said:
Thx Kieragh, it's made me even more determind, im changing coming off the diet last wk to a positive by reminding myself how easy it is to slip in to old ways and how awful I felt compared to how proud I'm feeling now - thanks for the encouragement and hope your doing well.

I started SW again on Sat, pp just wasn't doing it for me :-(

I started SW again on Sat, pp just wasn't doing it for me :-(

Im on old points, Discovery coz I know that's what works for me, it's so disheartening when your being good and sticking to the plan and it's not showing on the scales so can totally understand - good luck with SW.

I've just re- read everyone advice and I just wanted to say a big thank you again for all your support and help everyone - pleased to say that im well and truely back in the game - good luck everyone with your WI's.

Back