Why do I do it

Auzelia

Every time I have something happening I sabotage myself, I go away a week today to Spain and I gained 5lbs. It is like my mind doesn't want me to lose weight. I was so close to my 10% as well. Have been working on this since September. And so far have lost 1 stone. :eek: 1 stone since September! Why am I wasting my money! I need help, I need a diet buddy!

Have you become friends with anyone in your local group? there is a woman who i met at my group, and we keep in contact via facebook. we're going to start going the gym together when she gets back from her hols

its nice to have someone there at group that you can chat to, makes the experience a bit more fun

i can understand the sabotage bit. my head can go west sometimes and i dont know what happens, but i binge eat, or just can't get my head in "sw" mode. and it takes the following weigh in to kick me up the backside

a stone in nearly a year, if you have a bigish target, is quite worrisome. have you spoken to your consultant about it? if i have an issue with the program, or if some things arent working, i chat to my consultant about it, she's a great support, and really, that's what they're there for ;)

do you stay for the group after weigh in? (i think its called image therapy, i forget) that helps me tonnes, i get lots of recipe ideas and it keeps me going

also- i keep things in the day. i am living my life just for today, and im not going to worry about what happens tomorrow, next week, next month, whatever. if i think it myself all the time "i have 8.5 stone to lose now" i will crumble and curl up in a ball in a darkened room somewhere. Today, i am going to do my best. if that is too much, cut the day down. it might sound silly, but taking things an hour at a time really helps.

Like, if you are craving something, then say "i'll see how i go in an hour" and then see how you feel.

also- do you keep busy? i eat when im lonely, bored or depressed...and when i eat in those moods, boy do i eat! ive started taking up knitting, its something to keep me busy, and it diverts my concentration for a bit at a time

ok im rambling a bit now
i hope this helps some.

good luck on your journey. if you need to chat my inbox is open :)

I have 3 kids, a house to run and a wee part time job to keep me busy. Plus a garden that resembles a jungle, well half a jungle now lol.

I have about 3 -5 stone to lose, gonna see how I feel. I started for my mil as she didn't want to go alone, now my oh does it too and has done 2.5st in 6 months.

I have a big wedding in end of aug and another holiday in oct, if i can't manage at least a small loss by then, then I may hang up my book and give it a break.

I think a problem is that I kind of feel happy at 14 st, as my clothes I have now fit a lot better and I don't want to justify buying new clothes when I have the kids to sort out too.

Back