Why do I find myself running to the loo?

emmababes

I think I have been very good this week, but on Friday I had a Chinese - used my syns for this and today had a Sunday lunch but both times after eating these I've found myself running to the toilet, If you get what I mean!

Just wondering if it could be the change in diet that's affecting my body.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I don't know but I have the same happen if I consume something like that.

I find after getting back on track, it takes my body a while to adjust but if you think there could be a trigger write down a food diary and when you need the loo and see if there's any relation between the two.

It could also be the nature of the food...I find if I've been good for a while, take aways and richer food can be upsetting...but it settles down if in a nice routine (and gets worse if I continue to eat rubbish!). If it carried on a food diary would be good, so you can show a doctor but hopefully you're just having a funny weekend! :)

I hope that's the case! I'll see how I go and if it does not improve, I'll keep a diary to see if there may be a trigger!

Thank you :)

I find that its almost as if your body becomes intolerant to naughty food, i had a kebab a few weeks ago and omg the pain for the next 24hrs... will teach me to cheat again haha

I am the same too if I eat a lot of fatty food. My body is just not used to it and rebels most strongly!!! Then I start craving fruitl and yoghurt again, its natures way I think for all us S Wers!!! :) :)

I am the same too if I eat a lot of fatty food. My body is just not used to it and rebels most strongly!!! Then I start craving fruitl and yoghurt again, its natures way I think for all us S Wers!!! :) :)

I totally agree with the craving fruit thing... for my lunch today all i wanted was some cantelope melon and then a yoghurt...my OH thinks ive gone crazy haha :)

That has always happened to me with chinese. I think some chinese add MSG and that def affects me. I have found one chinese that doesn't seem to do it though, and we have boiled rice and beef and mushrooms, so not extremely oily or anything. I did find when i had cocktails it went right through me though due to the sugars I think.

sparklesazzy said:
That has always happened to me with chinese. I think some chinese add MSG and that def affects me. I have found one chinese that doesn't seem to do it though, and we have boiled rice and beef and mushrooms, so not extremely oily or anything. I did find when i had cocktails it went right through me though due to the sugars I think.

You can just ask the Chinese to cook it without msg we do that if having a Chinese xxx

Not really an answer to your question, but last year for two months (from the very start of my last job) everytime I ate strawberries I would be the same, coincidentally as soon as I left there it stopped, yet i wasn't stressed or worried, but strawberries would always kick off some reaction. I never figured out WHY, it just kind of happened, even baffled the doctor.

In your case it could be the grease (i had a burger king on saturday, and it didn't taste good to me either even though it used too), or something you haven't had in a while that is in both of those meals. Probably is the sudden change from healthy to not quite so healthy. Sometimes bodies are baffling things.

I personally have the last 2 saturdays treated myself to some of Sainsburys hot chicken thighs and both saturday evenings i found i had the squits too and the only thing i can think of is that they were quite oily.

Very odd but as a number of peopel have said i think because 99% of the time you are only having low fat items that maybe the oily/fatty items you have occasionally upset your tummy now.

i found i had the squits too and the only thing i can think of is that they were quite oily.

hahaha love how us girlies have been polite and used wording like "running to the toilet" and "having an intolerance" and then a guy comes on and says it like it is..."the squits"... sorry just made me giggle :)

Well today I had a creme egg (8.5 syns) out of one of my Easter eggs & since it was such a big treat I decided to make the most of it...it took me 17 minutes to eat it (let the chocolate melt on my tongue, and ate the inside using the wrong end of a teaspoon lol) and ever since I've felt ill lol so not worth it!

Guess I'll be eating the main egg in small pieces...this may be a record - this could be the first year I still have Easter eggs in May & I only had 2!

I have done exactly the same with my Easter egg, it's not even half eaten as im having tiny bits everyday! Saves on buying treats though!

Back