Why do I keep doing it?

Frumpy Mummy

Put 1lb on at my mon night wi and since then just cant stop eating, its like im thinking ive ruined my chance of losing a stone before xmas so there is no point, I may aswell carry on eating, its like im punishing myself!

Also we are away next mon till wed so I know ill miss my mon meeting so thats not helping either, im just so annoyed with myself but then that just makes me eat more!

WHY do I keep doing this to myself? :cry:

Try to remember its a new week. Give yourself a new aim? I missed my last aim which gutted me, but the good thing about new weeks is a new start too. Although you've eaten a lot this week do you have time to do much exercise? If I have a naughty weekend I feel so much better about it if I do some exercise during the week to make up for it.

Chin up you will have many more good weeks!

You've done the right thing postin here. I do exactly the same thing when I can't make a weigh in. I kinda think haha im not getting weighed I can do what I want. It's like the rebel coming outta me. Just think tho if you carry on rebelling by Xmas you could be half stone heavier :( we don't want that do we? If you start back on it & think towards the next weigh in you still ave time to lose a couple of pounds. At the worst a maintain xxxxx

Hi Frumpy Mummy,

How are you feeling now? xx

Thanks for your replies and support, ive not been very good this week at all and not coming on here cause my internet keeps playing up hasn't helped! Ive not even done much exercise this week apart from cleaning! We go away in the morning till Wed so im just gonna have to try my best to eat healthily even if I cant stick to my pp's, also planning on doing a lot of walking so fingers crossed. At least when we get back I'll have a few days to get back on track, do you reckon if I'm 100% when we get back I could repair any damage before the following monday? Thanks again everyone, Nat..hope your doing ok? x

Definately can be done. Especially with all the walking your planning on doin. I went to London, ate like a pig but walked miles, and sts chuffed to bits wi that. X

Thanks for your replies and support, ive not been very good this week at all and not coming on here cause my internet keeps playing up hasn't helped! Ive not even done much exercise this week apart from cleaning! We go away in the morning till Wed so im just gonna have to try my best to eat healthily even if I cant stick to my pp's, also planning on doing a lot of walking so fingers crossed. At least when we get back I'll have a few days to get back on track, do you reckon if I'm 100% when we get back I could repair any damage before the following monday? Thanks again everyone, Nat..hope your doing ok? x

I believe you can pull it back, i often start my week bad, i weigh and then feel its an excuse to go off track for a couple of days. December is a difficult month for most people. I have been doing well this week but i have my Christmas do on Wednesday and given i weigh on Friday, its probably going to mess up my week. Theres some weeks i don't get weighed at class as i have weighed myself at home and didn't like what i saw. I hate any kind of failure and unless i see a loss, i avoid class.

On a happier note hope you have/had fun on your days away!! xx

Please do not be so hard on yourself, honestly we all get like this at times. I am finding it hard at the moment to I have gone over my points 3 times last week by accident only by a few but still, and I have two Xmas meals coming up plus the weekend are hard full stop for me as its the only time I see my fella and he likes a drink and to take me out for meals. I am only on my 5th week so I am still getting my head around it and after I've been fumbling about I am going to try my best to stay on track so I feel less guitly Xmas day!

So we can do let's draw a line and plan ahead that's the key I think as I keep eating and guessing then realising its more points than I thought.

I could've wrote this myself!

This week has been so bad but i can't stop eating! Every night i feel bad and promise myself i will get back on track and then i ruin it by eating way over my points..

I'm gonna sit down tonight and plan my meals for the next couple of days and see if that helps.

x

I could've wrote this myself!

This week has been so bad but i can't stop eating! Every night i feel bad and promise myself i will get back on track and then i ruin it by eating way over my points..

I'm gonna sit down tonight and plan my meals for the next couple of days and see if that helps.

x

I continually had this problem and definitely found having a menu helped alot! I also bought a large stash of WW sweets/biscuits so when i did find myself wanting to binge, i minimised the damage by eating low point goodies.

Theres always someone here to speak to! Good luck x

Thanks everyone for your comments and support but im ashamed to admit I blow it! We ended up staying 2 extra nights so only got back today and I ate like a pig the whole time, KFC, Pizza Hut, you name it I ate it! We had a really lovely time but I am so annoyed and disgusted with myself now and I know there is no way I can repair the damage now before Mon, Im almost tempted to not even bother going! Why Why Why can I just not behave myself and just eat like a normal person instead of completely going over the top??? x

Hi,

Sorry i haven't replied sooner but not had a chance to come online. Firstly, there's no such thing as a normal person!! Secondly, did you go on Monday? What was the damage? If you have put on then don't dwell on it. Draw a line under it and start afresh. December is a horrible month for changing eating habits anyway. You only have to go round a supermarket and you are tempted by so many things: well i know i am :) Im sticking to the diet but i am also realistic about the possibility that this month will not be a good losing month from now.

The key thing is don't see it as repairing the damage now, just start from now. Trips away are difficult as you cant plan what you eat and what you do. Now your back then plan a menu for the next week, buy some WW snacks and see how you get on.

Hopefully things are fine, Nat :) x

Back