why do i keep failing??

Hello guys its been two weeks! and yeah you guessed it i have not been doing my CD i cant seem to get back on i keep saying today i will start and as i am writing this email i automatically feel the will again to start i have been ignoring my CDC as i cant bearto tell her i have failed all over christmas, its the 4th time i have failed now will she understand?
I was so sure last time was goona be it i was on ittill i lose weight i lost 10lbs and is probably all back on i may go see her at lunch and start from fresh what do you reckon? help!!!!!!:wave_cry:

Is your head really in the right place for this? I know I had to hit rock bottom before I even considered CD - before I'd dismissed it as too extreme, but once I decided I needed help I saw it was perhaps the only thing that could help - the taking food out of the picture thing was what made it right for me. I was so low, so ashamed of the way I'd been eating (binge eating) I wanted something that I saw as challenging, difficult, tough. In fact it hasn't really been that - it's been a lifesaver. Almost two stone gone and it has given me back control.
BUT if you are not sure about what you want to achieve, or have doubts, or know you are not in a good space to make changes right now, then maybe this isn't the time or the diet for you? Talk honestly with your CDC about this - she won't judge you, she just wants to help. I've found this website helps me on tough days - we all have them - so maybe finding support here could make a difference?
Making a fresh start can be a great motivator and seeing the weight drop off is also amazing... we're here for you if you decide to give it another try. Don't think about the times you didn't succeed, see them as dry-runs for THIS time, the time you will get all the way to goal. Good luck!

I did CD a couple of years ago and lost 5 stone (I needed to lose 10). But I got comfortable and just went back to my old ways of eating.

Over the last year I have tried about 6 times to start CD. It never worked. My head wasn't really in it. I believe what Katycakes has said is right, I too was at my lowest point this time and it has made the diet a hundred times easier.

It is an exceptionally hard diet, but once you are in the right place then you can do it. Maybe there is some other option that would suit you better at the moment?

However, if CD is the right thing for you I am sure your CDC won't mind at all, they are there to help and I am sure she knows how hard it is. CDC's struggle too. Mine is probably sick of me starting and re-starting too!

Good luck.

Jess

Hi
I started this diet two days ago and find i am absolutely fine during the daytime but as soon as it hits about 5pm i'm so hungry i could eat my own arm and that is when i have reached for something else. I then skip a shake thinking it will counteract itself (knowing it won't)...eek! I really want to do this and only need to lose about two and a half stone but am struggling with the evenings. Can anyone help??? Also the whole water thing...i have never drunk water, ever and am really struggling there. How many glasses do i need to be drinking on this diet?

Thanks Katycakes, i think your right, however i do believe if i fail this diet i will never be able to stick to another, yesterday went wrong again i am going to try again today and also i am going to see my CDC after work to weigh and start fresh i need something hardcore and something that can make my appetite smaller beacuse my eating is disgusting i hate the way i look and its taking too much control over my life i enjoy the CD when i stick to it apartfrom the bad breath ...lol . Thanks for your support well done on losing two stone you are a great inspiration x x x

Hi Zebedee1

I have decided to try stick to it with all my might ...again.I have tried every diet know to man all have failed this is the only i lost 10lbs on i think when i get depressed i eat i need to find some kind of middle ground, however speaking to you guys on here is one way so thanks for support xxxx

zebeedee1 I think if you are struggling in the evening the bestthing is to eat some cucmber or lettuce my CDC advised this is the best thing as it is water based, or come on here and speak to us : xxx

jess1980

Thanks for supposrt wish i could lose 5stone...wow i am going to give it another shot i wanto be a success story , NO MORE EXCUSES:) i hope anyway thanks for support x x

Charleen, you can do it... but be careful, don't be too hard on yourself & don't set yourself up to fail... if CD isn't right for you it DOESN'T mean no other diet would work, that's just skewed thinking. (I know all about that, do it to myself regularly!!!)
If you decide to go for it with CD today, then we are all here for you... if not, it's NOT a failure, just a rational decision about when the right time to start is & what the right diet will be for you. Reading your post I can see so much of myself in you, the lack of self-esteem and the feeling of being out of control around food. Have you looked at the emotional eating thread on this forum? It helped me a lot to know I wasn't alone in the way I sometimes relate to food, and the people who contributed threw in some great food for thought. A few people have said it, but the CD is just a tool to help in the task ahead, the really hard work is done inside our heads.
Let me know what you decide and try to see it as 100% if you do go for it - three days of yuk, then a growing sense of control, focus, energy - you CAN do it!!!
Hugs,
xxx

just keep coming on the forums and look at the amazing weight losses and before and after pics - that's inspiration for me and a motivation to stick to it. We are all human and are weak when it comes to food at certain times but think...the food is controlling YOU. YOU need to control the food. It's laughable how a biscuit can affect someone - me included! This time, although I don't have 10 stones to lose like some people, I wanted to do this to make myself feel better, raise my self esteem and be happy! Think of the long term goal.

If you're hungry, drink water, fizzy water works for me as it seems more filling somehow. If you're still thinking about food, get off your ass and do something - even cleaning, as boring as it is.

Everyone 'fails' at some point - just get back on the horse and say to yourself that this time you will do it!

Back