why do i torment myself with red days?

Derbynanny

Gold Member
I love green days and love EE days but find red days hard. I have it in my head that red days will make me lose more weight !!

I only have 3 pounds to lose but have sts for the past 2 weeks.

In my rush to get to goal I keep thinking i should do as many red days as possible.

BUT I never feel full on red days so I am constantly looking for something to eat so end up picking and wasting syns . I have not gone over my syns for the day but still feel they have been wasted and I am still hungry.

I have only had 1 of each HE so I may turn my day into an EE day and make myself some syn free chips.

Just have to let go of the idea i need to do lots of red days to lose LOL

i must admit i find it hard to snack on red days, as much as i like them, i'm the same i always feel fuller on green days! The only thing i really snack on on red days is fruit. xx

LOL I think it may be because green and ee days are so easy it does not seem like a diet !

So i feel I should do red as they feel hard and are more diet like STUPID

On green days and EE days my meals satisfy me so I rarely snack.

Its strange how the sw plan works because when I have done green days I find it just doesn't satisfy my appetite :confused: I often go looking for extras.

Maybe i'm a bit strange :D one mans meat is another mans poison.

I guess its lucky we have a few options with this plan :D

Realistically, what is going to change when you lose that 3lb and get to target? Nothing! So why the rush to get there? And why make yourself miserable in the process? So if you like green...have green and you'll eventually get there.

Who can say if you would get there faster doing red - this isn't necessarily the case and a bit of a hangover from the anti-carb days - but why be miserable trying to get there? :)

Last edited:
Realistically, what is going to change when you lose that 3lb and get to target? Nothing! So why the rush to get there? And why make yourself miserable in the process? So if you like green...have green and you'll eventually get there there.

Who can say if you would get there faster doing red - this isn't necessarily the case and a bit of a hangover from the anti-carb days - but why be miserable trying to get there? :)

Wow you are so right. Today is now an EE day and lesson learnt !

Teresa

BUT I never feel full on red days so I am constantly looking for something to eat so end up picking and wasting syns . I have not gone over my syns for the day but still feel they have been wasted and I am still hungry.

One thing i found helpful whether it will help or not i dont know. The night before a red day poach some chicken (skin free) but it can be breasts or on the bone, chop it up and have it in a little tub to munch on, or roll up ham into little ham cigars (i know im sad lol) and munch on them, i find thicker cuts of ham (like honey roast) i only eat a third as much as wafer thin!

hope this helps! (sorry if it dont :eek:)

I love red days! I'm in the minority I know, but I find them more filling than green days. I love a steak and green beans or grilled salmon and roast veggies, loaded club sandwiches, omelettes, oh and a roast dinner! Yum!! This week I've done mainly green for convenience but my ideal would be a combination of red and EE days :D

I like both days.....red days seem like a great treat, able to eat chicken till it pops out your ears....well not literally. lol
but then I also like my green days for a change, love free chips, pasta etc...
But I find that I'm equally full on both days as long as I prepare for it :)

I love red days! I'm in the minority I know, but I find them more filling than green days. I love a steak and green beans or grilled salmon and roast veggies, loaded club sandwiches, omelettes, oh and a roast dinner! Yum!! This week I've done mainly green for convenience but my ideal would be a combination of red and EE days :D

I love red days too!!! mmmm beef stew!:p

I reckon that if you keep going on EE and green days and really stick to it it'll pay off in the end! It's bound to go slowly now you're so near your goal!! Hang in there and you'll be fine! How lovely to be so close to goal! I'm still over 4 stone away! LOL!XXX

Realistically, what is going to change when you lose that 3lb and get to target? Nothing! So why the rush to get there? And why make yourself miserable in the process? So if you like green...have green and you'll eventually get there.

That is a very good point and one that I will keep in mind for myself. I know that I've still got a fair way to go but even now it applies to me, stick to the plan that I enjoy and I know that the weight will come off, not always as fast as I would like, but slowly but surely I will get there.

i would have the plan that suits you - green, red and ee are your chose there is no set structure just follow rules. the more you obess about red days and not being full the more likely you are to conitune with the feeling regardless of what your body feels!

IM exactly the same too i can never get full on red days though and so i snack :(

i think its because theres nothing quick and easy to make on a red day wear as on a green theres pasta and sauce ect

but i always have better losses if i have red days :(

Back