Why do men do that?

but I'm being realistic 99% of the time and looking for someone who has the right qualities and not a 14inch d*ck! :eek: :D

14" i bet he was telling porkies:D How long is a rabbit?? oh i forgot Sonkie will tell you:D Hope i have cheered you up, keep kissing the frogs love u will find one who turns out to be special :p

14" i bet he was telling porkies:D How long is a rabbit?? oh i forgot Sonkie will tell you:D Hope i have cheered you up, keep kissing the frogs love u will find one who turns out to be special :p

Haha! Allan what I meant was that they usually say they've got 14 inches when we all know they haven't! I'm not greedy, I don't want a bloke with a big one, (it's what ya do with it that's important!;))

Rabbit? Sorry I don't know anything about them (HONESTLY don't have one!) Yeah you did cheer me up with your forgs and don't worry I intend to kiss a lot of them until I find the special one!:D I seem to remember having kissed quite a few forgs in the past before getting married so it's not that hard! lol:rolleyes::D

I sometimes think that putting my problems down on paper helps me to 'see' it clearly in my mind.

I've been logging onto POF for a few weeks now and am 'chatting' to a couple of blokes. One in particular has been more regular and, I admit, more fun. I've seen his pic but he hadn't seen mine, (I hate getting my pic taken and had taken loads of them until I found the right one to put on my profile.)

Anyway, he's not a 'match' for me but he'd viewed my profile so me being nosey viewed his. His made me laugh so I sent him a message letting him know I thought it was funny.

We started sending messages back and forth and really seemed to hit it off, both having the same type of humour and liking a lot of the same things. Swapped msn addys and started 'talking' on there too.

He'd asked me to describe myself seeing as he couldn't see what I look like, so I did. I was honest, telling him I'm nothing special but it didn't put him off and we continued to chat.

So last night I finally got around to taking a photo that was, in my mind, okay to add to my profile. I added it and logged off knowing that he wouldn't be interested.

Got my confirmation message from him this morning, I'm "not what he's looking for" but he wishes me well. Now, I know I should turn it around and say that he's not my type at all, and I probably will - tomorrow. But today I'm taking it hard and feeling even more worthless than I deserve to and I can't understand why.

We'd never met or spoken on the phone, so I know I shouldn't feel like I'm not good enough for anybody, but he's judged me on one photo so what if somebody else does?

So I've deleted his messages and his msn address - just need to get myself out of this mood now. Thanks to anyone who reads this, it's just me putting it down and, hopefully, clearing it out of my head.

Hey darl,

Just seen this. Says EVERYTHING about him. Shallow is the word that comes to mind and ya don't want one of those types do ya???

I think you are extremely open and brave to post this and tell us all how it's made you feel. No one likes that feeling of rejection. I think as humans it's the worst emotion sometimes.

Carol, I'll be honest. If he was only going to be interested in women based on some idea/picture in his head then you are SO LUCKY to have had this early escape. You are an intelligent and amazing woman and I know you will get your perception back about this and move on.

Lacey..xxx:)

Thanks Karen lovie,

It's not the first time and probably won't be the last:rolleyes:

The thing that pissed me off was that we'd been chatting daily for 3 weeks then I put my pic on my profile and he imediately judges me for the way I look and not for the qualities that had him slobbering previously.:rolleyes:

I'm not some gorgeous bird, I'm under no illusions as to my good points and bad points, but I don't judge blokes by their looks and would hope that he'd be mature enough to do the same for me. How wrong was I eh?:rolleyes:

Of course in an ideal world everyone would find their perfect partner, everyone would be beautiful/handsome etc, but I'm being realistic 99% of the time and looking for someone who has the right qualities and not a 14inch d*ck! :eek: He obviously wants a Jordan lookalike and not my droopy DD's - his loss not mine!;)

He's set his standards too high and it'll probably be a long long time before he realises it. :D

Totally HIS LOSS!!!!! :):):)

Thanks Lacey, feeling a lot more confident tonight, he's the one who'll end up lonely or wanting the one woman who doesn't want him! :D

Went on pof to check my mail and have received a virtual gift from a bloke I've been 'talking' to. Nice suprise :D

Gonna go off to bed now, hugs to you hunny, you're a proper star! :D

(it's what ya do with it that's important!;))

Rabbit? Sorry I don't know anything about them (HONESTLY don't have one!) :rolleyes::D

Ask sonkie about the rabbit, she has a few pets, my O/H has one, they are good fun, and yes i do know what to do with it :D:D

Hi Mrs Depp

All I can say is, know the feeling, been there, done that.

It hurts because even though he is an insignificant t*at, it is a form of rejection, and, a lot of us have spent a lifetime being rejected in one form or another and try and protect ourselves from the risk of it.

The problem is., no matter how lovely you are (and you are VERY lovely), some people will be mean and rude and although he was polite, it smarts.

I'm glad you put a photo on your profile on the dating (I assume POF is a dating site?) site as this will mean that ONLY men who DO want to get to know you will get in touch, and that's a FAR better experience!

Please try not to let this man hurt your feelings for too long, in the bigger scheme of things it's good you weren't chatting longer and having never met him, and already knowing he isn't YOUR type either, then it's a good thing he was honest with you. How much easier it is for some of these men to string lovely ladies along and THEN drop them!

I do hope you are feeling MUCH better about it all now and realise that his opinions of you don't count for anything. :)

Take care x

Ask sonkie about the rabbit, she has a few pets, my O/H has one, they are good fun, and yes i do know what to do with it :D:D

"SSHH!! Be vewy qwiet. I'm hunting WABBITS!!":D;) It's nice to know that you and your Mrs have "good fun" Allan! ;) Some of us aren't that lucky lol!

Hi Mrs Depp

All I can say is, know the feeling, been there, done that.

It hurts because even though he is an insignificant t*at, it is a form of rejection, and, a lot of us have spent a lifetime being rejected in one form or another and try and protect ourselves from the risk of it.

I think the problem is that I've been unlucky in my choices with internet dating so far FF'nF. The first 2 blokes I got to know from another site did the same thing, but I'd been speaking to them a lot longer (2nd one and I used to text and call each other but didn't get to meet). I sort of felt that it was my fault they were rejecting me. My fault that I look like I do, that they didn't see anything attractive about me if you see what I mean.

The problem is., no matter how lovely you are (and you are VERY lovely), some people will be mean and rude and although he was polite, it smarts.

Oh thank you for saying that! :D You're lovely too hun!:D

I'm glad you put a photo on your profile on the dating (I assume POF is a dating site?) site as this will mean that ONLY men who DO want to get to know you will get in touch, and that's a FAR better experience!

Please try not to let this man hurt your feelings for too long, in the bigger scheme of things it's good you weren't chatting longer and having never met him, and already knowing he isn't YOUR type either, then it's a good thing he was honest with you. How much easier it is for some of these men to string lovely ladies along and THEN drop them!

I'm a lot more resilient than I thought I was, he's gone, out of my thoughts. The experience has made me stronger!;)

I do hope you are feeling MUCH better about it all now and realise that his opinions of you don't count for anything. :)

Take care x

You're right his opinion means nothing to me. Thanks so much for your advice, much love, xxxx

:D Oh well you will just have to use my shoulder to cry on, and a chat when your down, cyber buddies and all that, i am here when you want some advice about US MEN :p

I think everyone has already said it! Well done for deleting him from MSN etc you don't need anyone like that hanging around. Simple answer his loss.
Sadly there are a lot of shallow people out there who go by looks alone, but you will find the right man for you.

A Huge hug for you Hun!

The trouble is a man like that gives a bad impression of men, but he is in the minority. I am sure most guys are not like him at all, I've got a nice one and I am sure lots of other ladies on here have. Actually Alllan sounds very nice too!

Mr Right is out there Carol, he's just waiting to be found!
Have fun looking!!!

love

:D Oh well you will just have to use my shoulder to cry on, and a chat when your down, cyber buddies and all that, i am here when you want some advice about US MEN :p

Thanks Allan! :D So I can get advice about YOU MEN when I need it? Thanks mate!:D It'll be nice to get a view from 'the male perspective' sometimes.

I think everyone has already said it! Well done for deleting him from MSN etc you don't need anyone like that hanging around. Simple answer his loss.
Sadly there are a lot of shallow people out there who go by looks alone, but you will find the right man for you.

A Huge hug for you Hun!

Thanks for the hug Mrs V :D Yeah felt so good to delete him before he deleted me (he'd already deleted me from his POF profile) so I really had the last laugh! :D

The trouble is a man like that gives a bad impression of men, but he is in the minority. I am sure most guys are not like him at all, I've got a nice one and I am sure lots of other ladies on here have. Actually Alllan sounds very nice too!

Mr Right is out there Carol, he's just waiting to be found!
Have fun looking!!

love

I'm not going to let one d*ckhead ruin my impression of men though Barb, as you said he's the minority. I know the majority of them are nice, (yeah you too Allan) just need to find one for myself.:D I'm definitely going to have fun looking!;)

So di I Janey!:D I know Mike is another good'un! :D

Back