Why do our minds work like this...

lunar jim

Gold Member
I'm feeling all fat and flabby for the past couple of days, though the scales yesterday showed a 2lb loss since thursday.

So I know I've lost weight. But I feel like I've put on a stone! Am I the only one who does this???

Nope, you're definately not the only one! CD is great for the body, I just need something to sort my head out too!

No your not the only one Jim, some days I can look at myself and feel quite happy, other days I just see the flab everywhere, today is one of those days!
I hate the way my mind plays tricks on me like that!
Just hold on in there Jim, you have lost an incredible amount of weight, and your mind is just trying to catch up woth your body x

Ah no worries, I'm sure I won't get disheartened and cheat, but I was *very* tempted to dive into the burgers at the BBQ the other day. I didn't, and luckily I've got a very supportive family and I'm sure I'd have been talked out of it if I'd tried :D But then I've got thoughts of naughty food on my mind at the moment, it's killing me...

Do you find sometimes the way you feel can change throughout the day too? Some hours I'll feel 'thinner' and then the next I feel really really fat. It's madness! I think that's partly how I ended putting a lot of weight back on last time I did CD - I don't think I had come to terms with just how much I had changed.

You're doing so so well though and I bet you look loads different even if you sometimes don't feel it.

Yes! I find that if I am out and active then I don't tend to feel fat and frumpy. Same at the gym, unless I'm next to some super-fit person but I'm learning to overcome this lol.

When working at my desk, or chilling in the front room, that's when I go through the 'gosh I'm feeling good/bah, I'm a fat b u g g e r' rollercoaster...

our minds take so long to adjust to the weight loss, some say up to a year
i got a long way to go but even now i wake up thinking i am at my biggest regardless of what i have already lost
its only when i do things i think hang on i did that easier than i could before

I am the same some days feel great and others feel bloated and fat but as other have said I am sure its going to take our heads a bit longer to catch up.
And my demonds are shouting for food very loud this week maybe its the drop in temp I hate being cold and i am sure that effects my hunger ????

I dont usually feel any thinner until i see my reflection in mirror/shop window

Its taking aaaaaaaaages for my brain to catch up :(

I was feeling really good about my new shape and then all of a sudden it's like I have got used to it and feel fat and fed up again -doh.

I have various days when I feel either slimmer, fat, ugly, possibly looking good etc. I think it is the way that the mind works. This summer I had knocked dieting on the head and was forever eating out, be it Wagamama's or MacDonalds, local chip shop etc and I never even thought about my appearance because I was in a couldn't care less mode. I think we are now very conscious of how we appear physically and sometimes over critical.
Jim, you are definitely moving in the right direction as you are losing weight - ignore any negative thoughts.

I am having a totally fat week even though I am the slimmest I have been in 4 years!!! Even after a good week last week, it feels like it has all back fired My head is totally 'in the food' I am very moody at myself and just pissed off with this whole friggin food issue! I think it has a link to my work too, I have been working on paintings for my last outdoor event of the season and though I have some great new pieces `i just never feel like I have done enough....I don't feel ready and this week has been loads of work...now have to load up my van drive to the midlands... set up my exhibition and man it for 4 days pack up and return...and I feel knackered and drained before I start!! Its a constant rollercaoster!!! Sorry for the moan!!

I can totally relate.

I must admit I have been feeling really fat and flabby all day.

Despite losing more than 4 stone I look in the mirror and still am very unhappy with what I see in it.

It's like I didn't lose any weight at all! I am hoping I'll feel differently in another few stones time.

Not sure what wrong with me... hope my head catches up soon.

I am still a fat munter. I look no different. Tis so depressing.

I still think im the same size as before I started to diet sometimes! I know im a different size (size 30 to a 14 bottom and a 10 top), but I still feel fat! x x

Back