Why do people cheat?

I understand where youre coming from.
I saw a progamme on BBW, and the place is filled with men that dont like it any other way.
I remember there was a 60 stone lady (very young) from the USA and a guy from England had fallen inlove with her. She couldnt climb stairs, she had an electric bed down stairs and a tube in her throat to breathe out of yet she was so upset when she lost 20 stone (from 80) that her man wouldnt find her attractive anymore. Needless to say i felt very svelt.
Takes all kinds of people doesnt it.
No bad feelings hun... im just a sensitive sole.
*hugs* xxxx

:hide: IS IT STILL SAFE TO POST?? :hide:

No offence taken here Tey - so lets have a group hug.... Its all about opinions and advice after all

:grouphugg: :grouphugg: :grouphugg:

xxxx

Thanks you xx it was never meant to be an offensive post. Am pleased you've changed you're angry Icon too Miss R.

The lady from the programme you mention is Anna. She is still with Tony Martin. She has a few websites MSBBW.COM ~ Bottom Heavy Beauty! also www.myspace.com/anna_msbbw

My own BBW site is BBWs - UK Big Beautiful Women and whilst I have ALWAYS been a BBW, I have never hidden the fact I have always been an unhappy one. So I truly do understand about being FAT.

The last few 'FAT' programmes (Fatlands being one which springs to mind - which took a group of fat people to a special fat resort in mexico where everything was geared up to the fat person) I have helped spread the word and get people to apply for these (both Mik and Jude who appeared on this are friends) as having been on the TV myself on a Fat programme, my contacts at LWT still use me as a first port of call when they are ever doing anything fat related. Did a phone interview only 6 weeks ago for Radio 5 over 'offensive' comments Anne Diamond had made. I get emailed by magazines, Trisha, Jeremy Kyle Show, Channel4 etc etc via the BBW website as I can usually either help or then point them on into the right direction given the BBW circles I move in on the internet. Any one who knows me, and who were to read this particular thread whould have jumped to my defence and explain it was taken out of context - as I just would not have (intentionly) spoken down to, ridiculed or offended anyone - especially given my own battles with the weight xx

Reading the replies made me literally sick - so now things are back on an even keel - gonna to grab my lunch shake xx

Hi Ttey,

I agree with some of what you have posted.

When I originally did a VLCD in 2004 I never put a foot wrong for 9 months.

As a CDC I find that most, but not all people that cheat (hate that word) tend to if they have returned to a VLCD for the 2nd or 3rd time.

I had maintanted my weight for almost 2years, then I had an operation last year and have gained about 2st.

I tried a few months ago to restart and was doing well until my Lupus flared up and affected my eyes and was prescribed very strong painkillers and steroids. I tried to continue SS, but the side affect (itching and irritation of the gullet) wouldn't let me.

It has taken me 4 weeks to get my head round restarting the diet but have finally done so:) .

I find if someone has a focus or goal like a holiday, wanting to get into a bikini, or just wanting to be slimmer helps.

CDC
Sim

Hi Sim - see you've just prompted me into ANOTHER worry. As an asthmatic - am wondering what's gonna to happen should I need steroids again :( Steroid as you know, are evil little things but a necessity at times.

All i will say if we all had fantastic will power we would not be here would we! Well done for your weight lose in 6 weeks I have also been on the diet for 6 weeks and i have cheated three times (and am not ashamed to say it) but i have got back on with the support i have received here and this week lost 8lbs - (funny isnt it i have cheated three times and you have only lost 2lbs more) anyway i have found your postings quite rude and uncalled for maybe you dont think support is needed for people who are finding it hard but I am very grateful!!!!!

Maybe you should go back and read ALL the postings Size 14 and not be so aggressive without reading all the points made and answered.

I am not in competition with anyone on this site. I am loosing weight for me - my way. If you want to cheat and boadt you're only 2lbs behind thats entirely your choice. Hey if that works for you marvellous. I wish you well with your weight loss and I will continue to support you, and others as I have done as an active member since I joined - as well as to continue to seek the support, guidance and advice from others as I have also done so since I joined.

To me covering your butt after putting it out there is not really ok and doesnt take your first comments back! I did read all the thread and that is how i see it! Also i dont think I people are in competition with anyone just saying i have been on the diet for 6 weeks too and we have lost about the same amount thats all again I dont think you need to be as rude as your last comment proves!

I am note rude - but I will fight my corner. As you did, I say as I see.

Hey Ttey,

I enjoyed your original post. It kind of made me stop and think about why I cheat. I havent found the answer, but I am even more determined than before because of your post.

In a weird way, it has inspired!!

People have taken it the wrong way, thats their fault, not yours. If what you have written sees me through the next 9 weeks, then I will be eternally grateful. I will be printing off your post and sticking it to the fridge door!!!!

Good luck in continuing to be succesful on this diet and I hope 6 weeks turns in to 6 months for you.

Neco

I too actually enjoyed your post.
I haven't cheated, but come very very close, and I often wonder what it would take for me to ACTUALLY put the stuff in my mouth.

Every time I almost cheat, I think "Don't spoil it - sit and think about it" so I do, and I manage not to cheat.

But I wonder if perhaps one day I will, as I reckon I am going to be on this diet for a few more months yet, and I don't know if I can be that strong for as long. I know it is going to be a long time, and although I can stop myself from eating now, will I really manage to EVERY TIME???

I just don't know, but I hope I do manage - it has only been 4 and a half weeks so far, so who knows what the future holds?

Ttey..

I think your post is great, why put yourself thru this diet and cheat.. ! its not an easy diet, so why do it !! i am now on my week 5 ( its my AAM week ) tasting food again is lovely, but i know come Monday i cant have anything.. do i care ! no.. my determination to be slim far out weighs the wanting to cheat,

I know that some people have things to deal with, and yeah for them its there comfort blanket, but for me personally no way on this earth would i cheat,
This is my own opinion, good luck to everyone thats on this diet, dont give in to the 'food monster' at the end of it you will feel so proud you didnt,

Good luck to everyone, what ever you choose

x

hey there ttey
i didnt take offence at your post but can see why others who have eaten foods off their plan might have, I dont think cheating is appropriate terminology[and I am not saying that only you have used this word] as cheating implies doing something underhand or slyly, at the end of the day this is a diet and some people see fit to hop on and off of it at will, and it works for some and not others, its a personal journey isnt it and if people want to eat then its up to them really and not for us to understand why,understanding why tom ate food will not help harry not to eat as its all about harrys own state of mind, some people do have more determination than others [i like to think of my own as desperation:) ] and also some have alot more to lose than others and thus this reinforces the determination , I at 14 weeks feel strong but when I only have 2 stones to go I am quite ready to admit that I am sure IT WILL get harder and harder to stick to
I would not say that I find the posts where people have eaten and are looking for reassurance 'frustrating' as that is the nature of the support forum , and the help that we recieved when we first started must be repaid or paid forward as it were, anyway this is just my 2 pence worth:)
have a good evening all
nat xx

Hi TTey,

Having cooled done (!!:eek: ) and read all the posts, I think it is obvious that you really didn't mean what you said to come across the way you said it. I actually DO see where you're coming from, and will make an extra effort to get going and NOT cheat. I AM fat and I hate it.

Take care and carry on the good work - you're an inspiration!

K xx

About this FAT word. I find reactions to this word very very interesting. I have been hurt so very very much by people calling me this word in the past, and would be hurt by being called FAT now.

But, at 16 stone 1 lb, I was FAT! It tickles me slightly when I speak to people about 'when I was FAT' and they, trying to be kind, say 'oh but you were never FAT, just curvy/big/insert your own euphemism here'. I wonder if the reason people are so reluctant to use the term FAT is because the connotations are that FAT=UGLY??

I hasten to add that I don't believe that this is true. There are many women out there who are beautiful, and FAT, and, more importantly, HAPPY! Good for them! Unfortunately, that was never me, and (although I wish this wasn't the case), I don't feel attractive when I am overweight.

Maybe it's time for us to reclaim the word FAT?

Going back to the original post, I can so see what you are trying to say, and would have written similar words myself when I was SS last year (I didn't eat either). I would have still have written similar things up until week 5 of Management, when my life went BOOM and I stopped doing Management and gradually went back to my old coping mechanisms. It's a gradual process, and can be so slow that you don't realise you are doing it. I'm not someone who has put all the weight back on over a matter of months. I've gone from 11.00 to 12.09 over the course of a year. It's very very frustrating! I know what has caused the gradual 'creep', it is allowing myself to have takeaways a few times too often, chocolate when I'm upset, booze to de-stress. At the moment, I'm gradually going the other way, and bit by bit ridding myself of these coping mechanisms, but it takes SO much time and effort. I'll get there because I do not want to go back to how my life was when I was FAT.

I don't know what it is about food coming back into the equation that makes it so difficult. By this I mean, if i could live off shakes for 4 months, why can't I always just say no to foods that aren't positive for me? I add the word 'always' there, because sometimes I can.

Hmmmmmmmm, I think I shall be pondering this one today!

Thanks for making me think!

Back