Why do we always Second Guess ourselves???

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
I've been following Dukan now since mid June. I have lost nearly three stone....but am I happy with what I am doing. In a word NO.

If I get on the scales and they show a gain for more than two days i start panicking.

Am i eating enough.
Have I eaten too much .
Did I eat too much dairy.
Did I eat too much bran.
Should I have eaten that extra bit of jelly.
Was that pudding really ok (egg, sweetner and flavourings!).

I have had certain things all the way through the diet, like a Hot choc drink at bedtime. Used soy sauce and oyster sauce. I have made sponge using cornflour and have lost weight. But when i gain or STS for a few days I panic, i question whether i should have had it.

Its exhausting almost, all this stressing about the right things. I know that if I don't eat enough then I won't lose, but i don't want to overeat either. I don't want to eat too many tolerateds, but i don't want to go without my tasty treats.

Aaaarrrggghhhhhh :p

I am so focused with this diet, its the first time in 20 years that I have done so well and I really really want to lose the rest. I seem to have been reaching for the 3 stone mark for weeks. TOTM doesn't help, i think I'm just feeling hormonal and a bit low with it. Grrrr.

You're doing so well! Like you said... You know what works for you! Hang in there him and you'll get through it! Chin up :) think of how AMAZINGLY you've done and the fantastic place you're in! Xxxx

Patience is a virtue.... And you'll get there, just chill a little. Easy to say, not so easy to do. I know what you mean, even now I still go into panic mode if I put on more than 3 or 4lb. But seriously it does settle down, just have to go into pv for a few days and I'm fine again. And that's no real hardship, it's almost like normal. Think the body has got it's own schedule, so work with it, it kind of knows what it's about if you treat it right

Calm down, your not alone. im the same. Its because were so focused and in the zone and want results NOW....weigh day is the only day that matters xxx

I am calm....today LOL. Just on those days when the scales hate me. I know it works, I know I will lose weight, I just need to remind myself of that from time to time LOL.

We do have a habit of second guessing ourselves though, we all have to remind ourselves of how we are are doing....that its going great LOL.

I agree with Sidd now I have found something that is really working for me I worry about doing things that will potentially bugger it up but still need to have enough 'treats' to be able to stick to te diet.

You are doing so well stick with it and those worry days wil pass x

thats it exactly Ann, then we worry that the treats have klutzed it LOL.

Good day today.

Back