Why do we binge the day before the start of a diet???

white

Omg, i start cd 2moz for the first time and today i have not stopped eating. Much more than i norm would. for a few daysi have only been having 1 meal not because i was "watching wot i ate" but jus cos i was not that hungry or too busy to feel hungry lol. Today tho 2 main meals 1 at 3.30 then my 2 brothers come over with chinese :sigh: at 9 (and the biggest chinese ever). feel totally Sh*t now and so angry:mad:. Although i know i have not started yet i feel like i have let myself down................is this common among other diters to eat your way through the day b4 your diet begins??????

My CDC said that she was all up for clients having a "last supper" type meal if thats what they wanted before starting the next day, and I did. Don't think it made it harder for me, think if your heads in the right place when you start on day 1 then thats what matters. BUT with hindsight I would have survived without the big blow out the night before starting!!

I've also done it everytime I've ever started a diet! I think it's saying goodbye to all the food I like best. One benefit is it tends to give me a falsely high start weight which makes the first week's lost look even better! Welcome to CD - it's a brilliant diet.

Yes!
I start CD offically again tomorrow (it was supposed to be last week, but there was a lot of flavours i didn't like and had to leave it for a few days until i could get back today and get the shakes and soups i like.)
So tonight, i've had a good binge!
Good luck with the CD.

Yeh I did the same too! Brought some frozen scampi from tesco's, cooked the whole bag and ate the lot. Funnily enough I was full after eating half of them but I made myself eat them all because I knew I wouldn't be eating for weeks!? And I wonder why I got so big! x

yes angela thats how i feel now totally not needed lol
and mixie thankyou, a few friends have done or doing have have had wicked weightloss cant weight till the morning. im glad this site popped up on my google page!

I never have a 'last supper'. At the end of the day, you've only got to lose what you have eaten. I booked my holidays at 8.00 p.m. on a Monday night. My sister said, so when you starting your diet then, I said right now. And that was it - I never ate again :) (apart from the few cheats I have had here and there ;))

lol yes i would of done the same with the whole bag, god food tastes so good but i dont want to be its prisoner! im taking control.

im glad its not just me who see the "day b4 diet binge" take hold, let it go quckily and savour the moment knowing next time we will be slimmer happier and healthier.

Thank you all and happy slimming guys x

mia congrats - great weight loss, "last supper" well its not my last but its my last "without thinking choice" and from now on its all or nothing- gonna put in 100%

Great site and great support.

Back