Why do we want to lose it?

LOADS of reasons ......... but the best things will be - to be able to be a 'cool', energetic and active grandma to my 5 grandsons, and a REAL biggie will be to be able to wear my very own wedding and engagement rings which haven't fitted me since about 2001 or 2.. :(

.... great thread xx

I want to improve my health. I had lost 5.7 stone using orlistat and i was so pleased with myself but then i got pregnant and develped SPD and couldnt really move for 9 months so i put 2 stone on. When my baby was born i thought i would get better but 18months on and things havent improved that much, still on loads of painkillers, wearing a brace and having physio. My problem is comfort eating, so sitting about feeling sorry for myself i have put another 2.5 stone on. I feel a lot more positive now, with Lipotrim i feel i am getting some control back in my life. I want to feel better and look better, it will be fantastic to be able to go to Top Shop rather than Evans and be able to shop with my slim friends rather than make excuses because i am too embarrassed about my dress size.

cawisu xx

I want to lose weight for my health. I want to be able to make healthier choices and to be able to move around without getting tired so easily.

I want to be able to walk around with confidence, not to be afraid of being in public and having others look at me.

Being able to wear the latest fashion and be guaranteed to find my size.

Whenever there's a fun fair on, I always want to get on rides with my sis, but we're both big, and couldn't fit together.

I want to lose weight so I can be happy and love myself.

Lots of reasons for me too.
Firstly for health problems. I don't have any but i am tempting fate.
Secondly I have a 12year old girl and don't want her going through this.
and thirdly...wouldn't it be nice to wear something other than Black :D

good luck for your op

Hiya luv, after going from 8st 4lbs to 12st i was really miserable and stayed indoors constantly!

The more weight i loose the more my confidence is coming back lol

To give me more confidence im getting my boobs done on tuesday!!

x
Hope it turns out as you want. Bigger or smaller? :D

why do I want to lose weight

Basically for my health and to have more energy. Which is a contradiction as I still Smoke. wILL HAVE TO TACKLE THAT ONE

why !

I started this having been trying for a baby for so long,knew weight could be an issues so embarked on lipotrim. Alas recently discovered the problem with me so we are waiting to find out how bad the problem is...nearly quit the diet over last couple weeks but know even if we can't have a baby it will be better for me to be healthier
xx

Hi
There are so many reasons-
So that my children grow up with a healthy attitude to food and weight
To feel like me
To feel confident and sexy
To fit into clothes easily
Not to be uncomfortable in the summer
Not to worry about my health
To fully enjoy my holiday in Barbados
To not feel self conscious if I eat a biscuit or piece of cake at work
To have energy
To really enjoy food rather than just eat without thinking about it
To find alternative ways of dealing with stress
To see the shock on people's face when they see me
And it goes on......

Hi

Your guys are doing really well, keep it up and we will all be where we want to be soon.

The reason i am doing this is to feel more confident, would love to wear a LBD.
To be more healthy, and not a bad example to my nieces and nephew.

Would love to have a baby one day but not sure it would happen easily due to medical problem.

good luck to you all.

Love Nikki xxx

I'm doing this to feel better about myself.
  • To be here to see my children grow up.....to run and chase after them without wobbling !
  • To feel confident when I walk into a changing room and try clothes.
  • To feel fitter.
  • To address my issues with overeating and food.
  • To stop and think about what I'm eating and why.
  • To not be the fat mummy in the playground.
  • To feel sexy for my husband.
But most of all.....I'm doing this for me !

Hi everyone, i'm just new to the forum but wanted to write why i'm doing this diet.

I've tried every diet over the years and have lost a few stone then i give up and put it all on again and then more weight on top of it. I need to lose weight for me so i can start to feel better about myself. At the moment i put on a brave face but cry on the inside when i see myself. My fiance took a picture of me the other day when i was getting ready and it shocked me how awful i look.

We are getting married in 2011 and i want to look beautiful so that is another reason why i'm doing this diet. Also i'm that big i know having children wouldn't happen. We want children after we get married and i knew things had to change now or never.

I want to feel good about myself and not want to hide in the corner and hope noone talks to me. I will do this!!

Ive been fat & in my forties for too long! Back in 1988, I was a member of WW and got to goal, my son is now 21 and all he has seen me do is go from one diet to another, some results were better than others. He is a real inspiration and tells me that I'm looking good.
Firstly though, I'm doing this for ME!! Secondly

HI all, great idea for a thread.

I've been overweight since my teens, now in early 30s and I'm just sick of it!! Various reasons, in no particular order:

* to be so much more confident when meeting new people - my size affects my social life (and work life sometimes)
* to be a fit enough auntie to run around with my nieces, nephew, godson and friends' children and not be out of puff after 10 paces :)
* to feel attractive and confident enough to try and be in a relationship
* to be able to walk into *any* high street shop and be able to buy something nice to fit me
* to be healthy
* to not hide from having my photo taken, or feel like i'm ruining other peopls' photos
* to not feel like the odd one out when i'm out with friends :-/

And I can't wait to be able to tick any of these off my list :)

Well first of all, I'd like to say that all of you are doing so fantastically well. You are all an inspiration to me and probably part of the reason I've developed such a hard nut shell when it comes to this diet, I see your stories and you inspire and encourage not just me, but everyone else who comes on here to stick with it and keep going. For that I thank you! xxx

My reasons for losing weight
1) I would love to have a baby and I would love to be able to see my bump and know that it's just that...a bump! Not have to say...well my bump is somewhere around behind all this fat!
2) Be able to go swimming. I'm too self conscious right now to go so once the weight comes off a bit, I'll start again.
3) To never have to hunt around for an Evan's again. Don't get me wrong, Evan's do some nice clothes, but lets be realistic, their clothes are never going to be as nice as the clothes you get in other High Street shops.
4) To walk down the middle of a train or bus without having to turn myself to navigate my fat butt into a seat without knocking into anyone.
5) To go to a theme park and be able to go on ALL the rides without worrying about the weight restrictions and getting scared that the ride is going to snap as soon as I park my ass on it. Oh and so that the protector things do up properly without making me feel squished.
6) To get on a plane and do up the belt without having to stretch it to the last point. I'd like to be able to take the belt in a fair bit.
7) Just for general happiness and peace of mind. To make me feel a lot more confident in myself because I've beaten myself up about my weight for far too long.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:D:D:D:D

Back