Why do you want to get to target/ lose weight?

Suesp8o

Recent events in my life have meant that I'm needing to rethink my reason for losing weight. I had started for myself, cause I didn't want to buy size 20 trousers but the reason for getting to target changed when i started losing. Those reasons aren't relevant anymore and wondered what your reasons are for losing weight, to give me inspiration to keep going.

Mine is the age old reason - for my kids! They are 6, 4 & 1 and I got scared thinking if I carried on the way I was I was heading for a heart attack x

Because I don't want to be fat anymore - simples :eek:

Because I want to feel sexy for once in my life. I want to be able to walk up a hill without getting out of breath. I want to meet a great man and my confidence is too low to do this whilst big. I want to have a baby without putting my unborn child at risk from my obesity. I don't want to get the diseases hugely associated with obesity, like hypertension, diabetes, cancer, thrombosis. I don't want chafed legs in the summer

I agree with all of these! I also want to be able to walk and run without getting out of breath, wear sleavless clothes, not feel dissappointed when I look in the mirror shoulders down! Sometimes I think if I don't look in a mirror I end up in denial because I dont feel as bad as I look lol!

I am fed up of being the fat friend
I feel sorry for my husband having to put up with a miserable fat wife who does nothing but moan about her weight but until now has done nothing about it
I want to be addicted to buying clothes

I'd like to be able to buy clothes from any shop I want to, instead of having to the shops with a plus size section.

I just want to be healthy as I am at risk of type 2 diabetes like my mum and nan.
Also I want to look hot he he

I'd always wanted to lose weight but for some reason my willpower just wasn't working with my brain, and over the past few years I've steadily put it on instead. Even being big for my wedding last August wasn't enough for me to start trying to lose.

Then, in August the hubby was diagnosed with a genetic condition which we have a 50% chance of passing onto our children. The best way not to do this is to have a form of IVF. To get funding I have to be at BMI 30. I want kids more than anything in the world and now it's either lose weight or don't have kids, so this was exactly the thing to "click" my brain into gear.

I'm sick of being the fat friend and hating every pucture I see of myself and I got engaged earlier this year so although we haven't set a date yet I don't want to be fat on my wedding day and hate the photos and now is as good a time as any.

Also I'm a type 1 diabetic and being told off about my weight at consultant appiontments was really getting me down x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

• I want to live a long healthy life
  • I want to feel full of energy
  • I want to be able to run around playing sports with my 2 boys this summer
  • I want to be able to buy Joules wellies and fit into them
  • I want to be in control of food rather than the other way round
  • I want to be in a fit condition to have another baby
  • I want to be able to shop anywhere and look fab

I hate being a fatty
I want to buy clothes from "normal" shops, this also includes belts
I don't want my back to hurt
I want to look better in pictures

I hate being fat
I hate being disgusted at the sight of myself in mirrors
I want to buy nice clothes that fit well
I am sick of sitting down and pulling at my tshirt to make sure fat is well hidden
I worry about my health
I want to meet someone and have a proper relationship and I can't at the moment
I want to increase my confidence
I want to go out on a night without worrying people are staring at me
I want to control food, not have it control me

I could go ooon and ooon and ooooooon lol but I'll leave it there :D

My problem is that I feel a lot of those things now. I've gone from size 18 to 12, just brought and worn Xmas party dress in a 12. I'm feeling fitter but according to bmi charts I still 16lbs from top range of healthy.
I was losing weight cause I didn't want to buy size 20 trousers but then the reason became to be able to keep up with my now ex, with his caving and to start a family.
As can tell from previous line I'm now not in able to start a family.
I suppose my goal now is too get to target to find that special someone in my life.

Back