Why Do You Want To Lose Weight?

Why Do You Want To Lose Weight?

• Total voters

Snow_Predator

I'm curious as to why you want to lose weight. My reason is that I believe it will increase my self-confidence when interacting with people in general. A flat stomach/six pack is a marker for eliteness (if that's a word), and I would feel confident in knowing for myself and being able to show that I have full control over my physique.

So what are your reasons?

wow, amazed by the results so far. I thought most peeps would go for option 1, but it seems more people are like myself than I imagined. Thanks all :p

I voted a few, for other my reason is that I don't want my son to suffer because of my weight.
I know, well hope im attractive to my hubby and he's the only man that matters :)
I really would like to feel more confident in myself x

Short answer... I really really need a girlfriend :p

Bugger is. I'm now just over two stone down, and yet I seem to be losing fat from everywhere but my face. Which is annoying.

I want to be healthy. I started having panic attacks in 2007 and my weight just contributes to my anxiety about getting ill etc.

The first and most important reason is health. Feels much better slimmer. The second - my physical appearance. I wanna look good and wear nicer clothes, not ones that cover my body and make it impossible to determine if i'm a girl or a boy. It's just frustrating.

I want to be confident in myself
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
clear.gif
13 65.00% I want to be healthy
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
clear.gif
11 55.00%

I want to be more attractive in general
bar1-l.gif
bar1.gif
bar1-r.gif
clear.gif
10 50.00% I'm embarrassed by my body's current form

I voted these. Why.. uhm... Why..... Errr.. Well coz its how I feel. I've lost a lot and remember being so ashamed about my body but now I still am a bit so it still applies ;-).

x

I've ticked a few, I'm fed up hiding in baggy clothes and just want to feel fitter and more confident

jane_doe:
I wanna look good and wear nicer clothes, not ones that cover my body and make it impossible to determine if i'm a girl or a boy. It's just frustrating.
Too Heavy Hannah:
I've ticked a few, I'm fed up hiding in baggy clothes and just want to feel fitter and more confident
omg! I can so relate... did you know... that at 25 almost 26 years of age (I'm male btw), I've never worn a T-shirt in the summer! It would be amazing to have the freedom associated with being able to wear anything you want and not worry about trying to hide all that fat.
Lostris: Keep up the good work! There's no reason why you can't get that body you feel totally comfortable in - you deserve it, we all do!
veggie: I would say you should do something about that anxiety, but if it isn't effecting your life too severely, perhaps it's good to have as a motivating factor :p
kingflab: keep at it... from what I know, the order of places you lose fat from is genetically predetermined... so eventually when you've lost fat from other parts, it will start going from your face. go for that hot sexy body by all means, but I'd say getting a girlfriend was 90% psychology (it's all in the person that you are and the way you present your character to women)... how many ugly dudes have you seen with stunning hot chicks? (I seem em almost every day).
nannis: don't overdo the exercise and food restriction if you're pregnant :p
xkawaiix: don't we all :p ... losing weight sure helps, it shapes up your face, making your cheek bones show a bit too
crazylilblondie: hiding in social situations... there's a wonderful ball being held at work this Friday... I'm not going cuz I feel fat :( dress code is white shirt and black tie... sucks

I ticked a few, and I ticked "other" as well: I am so scared of dying because of my weight, it haunts me sometimes :sigh:

I ticked a few, and I ticked "other" as well: I am so scared of dying because of my weight, it haunts me sometimes :sigh:
Oh Elie :hug99: You're doing something about it now and with each lb you lose you're heading toward a slimmer, healthier you :) x x x

Thank you Fiona for your support :) I often have dreams where I die because I am too fat to run away and can't move (although I am not THAT fat that I can't run, it is just irrational).:confused:

But you're right, I have to think about the positive: I am doing something about it now :)

crazylilblondie: hiding in social situations... there's a wonderful ball being held at work this Friday... I'm not going cuz I feel fat :( dress code is white shirt and black tie... sucks

That's a shame you feel that way - make it your motivation to go to the next ball, whether it me christmas or next year. Last year I lost almost 2 stone so I could wear a nice dress to a ball... though unfortunately I put it all back on afterwards! Damn!

i ticked them all i hope you dont mind. its actually how i feel as for the other...... i just want to have an ordinary fi lifestyle :)

jane_doe:
Too Heavy Hannah: ...
omg! I can so relate... did you know... that at 25 almost 26 years of age (I'm male btw), I've never worn a T-shirt in the summer! It would be amazing to have the freedom associated with being able to wear anything you want and not worry about trying to hide all that fat.

I am also 25 (eek!) and have spent most of the last five or six summers in my other halfs big jumpers and coats hiding myself because I didnt want people to know I was fat :rolleyes: Took me a fair while to realise that they could see it anyway.

I used to get quite depressed and would spend alot of time crying because I was fat, then tucking into a nice yummy pizza, then crying, then eating, then crying over and over again.

I remember being in a pub on rememberance sunday 2007 and a friend of mine, who is slim but isnt usually girly girly, turned up in a nice skirt and top and looked fab, and I just thought, I want to be able to do that too.

Jan 08 was back at ww, and now Im nearly done!

Also, I spend a lot of time at car shows, and there is usually lots of slim females :jelous: walking around with virtually nothing on. i got seriously fed up with feeling like a whale when I saw them! :sigh:

Mostly though, I just did it for me and my OH. I wanted to look good for the both of us.

Almost all of above! But mostly the ‘being attractive to the opposite sex’ A couple of years ago when I was slimmer I used to get attractive males look at me in a very obvious way and it made me feel great, but nowadays I get left on the shelf whenever I'm out with friends. Once I was dancing in a club with one of my friends, a group of guys came over and looked really interested, we danced with them for 3 mins until my friend's boyfriend came back from the loo, kissed her and they all scowled at him and walked off, completely uninterested. Things like that always happen. I'm pretty much the only single one amongst my friends and I've had enough!

Back