Why does CD act as a diuretic?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jenny_wren44, 9 May 2008 Social URL.

1. jenny_wren44

jenny_wren44 Member

Exante Diet
    I was just wondering why CD makes you lose so much water, especially in the first week...is it to do with glycogen?

I think its really strange that you can gain a few pounds in water after having one bad meal and lose it again when going back to SS? Any ideas? xxx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

Its your body using what it needs in the first instance. The water becomes the carrier for ketones in the urine, hence 4 pints a day to keep your kidneys going!
  4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

as nicky says, it is your body needing to use more. Your kidneys work overtime removing the broken down fat and ketones which are considered toxins to the body .. . they need plenty of water to do this and keep the body healthy
  5. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

The way glycogen is made invovles storing it with lots of water hence why one meal that weighs a pound will make you gain more. Also why the first week loss is good - you use that store and lose a lot of weight for a relatively small amount of actual energy.
  6. jenny_wren44

jenny_wren44 Member

Exante Diet
    thanks for your replies...that makes sense now! just a bit worried as a plan to have a 'cheat' night for my birthday on 17th may and am scared at the thought im gonna gain half a stone in water! nevermind i'll hopefully get straight back to SS afterwards! xxx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.