Why does Exante say yes to exercise whilst CD says no to exercise

aud504

Hi
Can anyone enlighten me as to why you are told to exercise when on the exante diet but Cambridge diet says no to exercise.
I think that i understood that the heart is under a little bit of strain when doing a VLCD, and that exercising pushes that strain more, so that is why you don't exercise on the CD, but shouldn't that apply to all VLCD then?

I am not 100% in saying this but i think when they say exercise they dont mean go to the gym for 4 hours a day, they say 20 mins of exercise helps lose weight etc they mean like swimming or walking, nothing that will put too much strain on the body.

I don't know about why, but when I did a VLCD in 2009 (Lighterlife, losing 10 stone in 7.5 months) I did exercise including running and mountain biking. You just need to take it careful and not push too much as you don't have the resources to manage intensity for long. The other key is to keep drinking loads of water, otherwise it can appear exercise is stalling weight loss whereas in reality it's lack of water.

Back