why does hot bolied water spoil the food packs?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by highheels, 28 February 2008 Social URL.

1. highheels

highheels likes to post

I am puzzled and have not yet asked my cd counsellor and i will. but i just made chicken and mushroom soup and boiled the kettle and whisked it in a bowl like i usually do and ate it with a spoon in a deep bowl, but why oh why can you not use boiling water? love highheels xx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    I did ask this some time ago, apparently boiling water can damage some of the nutrients in the packs.

4. highheels

highheels likes to post

thanks for the speedy reply
  5. Lyndsey

Lyndsey Full Member

Is this the same for W8 does anyone know? I always make mine straight from a boiled kettle.
  6. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I let the kettle cool down a bit so that the soups or shakes don't "clog" from the water being too hot...xx
  7. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

I always use boiling water on the soups and chocolate packs and havent had any problems with it. I know one of the issues was that if you use the shakers then it can 'explode' but if you use a blender etc then it doesnt happen. i didnt know about it possibly destroying the nutrients but tbh I am still going to continue doing it. After all we are allowed to cook some packs and there really isnt any difference.
  8. highheels

highheels likes to post

i have had some good replies! i shall bear them all in mind.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.