Why does tea go straight through me?

LisaC

Gold Member
I have a bladder the size of a peanut so drinking enough each day is hard knowing I can end up needing the loo at least every hour. When I drink a cup of tea it seems to make me need to go even more than usual. I had a cup at 8.30 this morning & since then I've been 4 times. And it's not that I needed the loo a "little", it's as if the whole cup of tea has gone straight through my system in 2 hours & I was practically busting to go. Does anyone know why tea is worse than just water?

I don't know why but I am exactly the same.

I drink coffee, not tea, but one cup, and I'm wriggling by the end of it?!

Have you any children? I have 2 and often WI fee if my whole having a bladder like a pea stems from havin them maybe?

caffeine is a dirurectic, so it will make you pee more. i dont drink tea or coffee but if i drnk coke im the same.

I have no kids, dread to think how my bladder would get if I did!!

It's really embarassing how often I need to go, and it's annoying having to leave my desk at work so often. If I drink tea it is much worse, so will bear in mind it's a dirurectic. If I drink around 4 glasses of water a day, I go almost as much. Not good!

LisaC said:
I have no kids, dread to think how my bladder would get if I did!!

It's really embarassing how often I need to go, and it's annoying having to leave my desk at work so often. If I drink tea it is much worse, so will bear in mind it's a dirurectic. If I drink around 4 glasses of water a day, I go almost as much. Not good!

I seem to be constantly going at the moment!
I drink lots of water and green tea. I've got to the point that I need to make sure that there are toilets around if we go out.
On a positive note, it's good that the body is flushing (no pun intended!) itself out :-D.
I remember reading once that lots of toilet trips can be a sign of fat burning. Absolutely no idea whether there is any truth on this, but the idea works for me!

Back