Why does this happen to me!!!

smoomoo

Silver Member
I have been weighing myself since about sunday and every day have been looking at about a 2-4lb loss this week. Now im 3 hours away from weigh and my body decided its going to shoot up to what i was last week!! Lets just hope it was that cup of tea weighing me down and I can pee it out on time!!

DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF!!! you should only have ONE weigh in a week and that should be you official weigh in, all the others are false.

I agree 100% with pizzle84. Do NOT weigh yourself daily. The body fluctuates from day to day and it can give false readings. Stick to weigh in once a week!

Never weigh yourself daily......your body fluctuates so much every day, every hour even, it is much better to be weighed once a week at you class.

Good luck with your WI.

i am a every day weigher....im trying to give up! perhaps we should make a pact? lol!

i hope my scales are wrong cos im a little up from last week :( x

i weigh myself every day and nothing anyone can say will stop me!!!! I actually tried giving up in the last few weeks of november, and i went right off the rails - in fact it was the beginning of my november/december 9lb gain! I need to do it every day to stay in control, otherwise i think "oh that little bit of *insert whatever i fancy at that particular time* wont matter", whereas if I weigh in every day i keep a tighter rein of things and resist temptation much more.

Also, smoomoo, I had the exact same thing happen to me this week - i was weighing in loads less all week, then on weigh in day my weight leapt up 2 lbs. (on both my scales and the ones at class) I'd still lost 1.5lbs from the previous week, but really irritated with my body! Weighed myself again every day this week and dropped the 2 lbs again - i think i was just bloated (* week) and hopefully i'll see another good loss next week! good luck to you! xxx

I am a daily weigher, and exactly the same thing happened to me and often does on diets.
Weighed myself on Tues and I was 3 and a half pound lighter, then went to wi and only lost 2lb. Came back and went straight on my scales to compare and the scales stated exactly the same as SW e.g. 2 pounds offDisappointed as been really really good.
Weighed myself this evening at the same time and have dropped down again.
My weight seems to vary by sometimes quite large amounts day by day and depending what time of day it is.
I've decided to look at the overall monthly picture, rather than getting obsessed with weekly losses.

I love weighing in everyday too - definately keeps me on track. I wasnt upset by it cos i just thought "hey typical" lol. I know i have done my best and whether it showed tonight or next week, i know my hard work is doing me good in long term and thats what matters. I lost 2lbs at my official weigh so im chuffed anyway :)

Back