Why does this happen

Bethany246

Banned
Hi
Wonder why it is that you have all the excess weight on your hips and thighs and the top half is ok is it possible for the excess weight to come of from these areas where it is but have you to do exercise to get rid of it in these areas it
just gets you down when it does not come of these areas

Hi Bethany

It's not possible to target fat loss, I'm afraid. If you exercise a particular area you will be working the muscles in that area, but unfortunately that has absolutely no bearing on where you will lose fat.

Not necessarily. Mine came off the bust and face first, then his and thighs, then tummy.

That's life Bethany. You can pretty much guarantee that it'll come off the places you don't want first.

Stick at it long enough and it usually evens out.

The plus side, Bethany, is that a pear shape is both the healthiest body shape for a woman and also very sexy! We can't change our fundamental body type so the best thing you can do is work with it, be damn proud of it and take good care of it, cos it's the only one you get!

Dieting and going for walks will really help.

Yes why not try walking before you try running.

Stick to a diet and do basic exercise - as Karion says, walking. And youll find a difference and your fitness levels will increase and then youll be able to try more strenuous things

If only we could choose where out weight goes from, but in reality the world isnt like that....!
I too have lost most from waist up.....well actually I have lost more inches from my hips and thighs but they are still huge......from my waist up I am a decent size apart from the bingo wings so you are not alone here.

Hi Sony
What I cant seem to understand you see fat people in slimming magazines really fat and even got fat thighs and then see there after pictures and they are really slim and toned and slim legs just can weigh this up how they get like that ,

They are airbrushed!:rolleyes:

Dizzy x

You should never believe photographs in magazines. They use a computer to change all the bits that aren't perfect. There was a thread a couple of months ago that demonstrated this really well. I wonder if we can find it?

Don't try to be like photos of models in magazines, even the models don't look like that in real life.

Dizzy x

Back