Why does TOTM effect your weight loss?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by hellybelly1, 8 April 2009 Social URL.

1. hellybelly1

hellybelly1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi all, its my first weigh in tonight and I came on on monday. I got weighed on saturday and had lost 6.6lb after just two full days but when i checked my scales just now it says i've lost 5 lb altogether. Could this be to do with the TOTM and why does this happen?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    I think you have a tendancy to retain water when it's your TOTM, hence the bloated feeling, and the difference on the scales. Sure there are other reasons too, but that's how I understand it.

4. hellybelly1

hellybelly1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    thanks for the quick response Lucy, thats very helpful. Its such a shame it will effect my first weeks loss but guess next week will be more! well I can only hope!

5. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Yep, I've read a few times on here that the following weeks weight loss is usually a really good one - fingers crossed for you :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.