Why doesn't it work for me?

I feel your pain!
1-2lb a week is recommended accross the board but SW do suggest you should lose 7lbs in your first 2 weeks! And for a vast majority thats true! Sadly, when everyone around you doesn't seem to have to work so hard it is really disheartening.
The plan IS working as you are losing weight. I notice you are also exercising, did you do your week 1 measurements when you joined? Sometimes those weeks you will have had an inch loss rather than a weight loss.
If you are exercising, make sure you up your fluid intake to 2-3 litres rather than 1-2. Add fruit or veg to every meal, even if you can't manage the third rule (which is only a recommendation). Keep a food diary, its essential in the early weeks to stay focused, on-track and for pointers from your consultant.
Somebody mentioned that sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you just don't lose weight that week. That's when you need to stay focused, look over your diary and see what you can improve for the next week.
Keep at it xx

Baileygirl said:
Add fruit or veg to every meal, even if you can't manage the third rule (which is only a recommendation).

Sorry to weigh in here but its only a recommendation on red and green (and strongly recommended at that).

It is a essential and integral part of the extra easy plan. The only reason meat and pasta etc are free are because you fill up more on superfree thus reducing the amount of free food you can eat (therefore reducing your calorie intake) x

So mrs whistle, there you have it!!! Hope we have all helped you. Thats what the forum is for to help and support. You will soooo do this!!

Baileygirl said:
Not to start a battle but the 3rd rule is only a recommendation.
There is significant benefit to having the 3rd superfree but it is not essential and at no point have SW ever said you must have it.

It is only a recommendation on green and original days, but it is a crucial element of extra easy :)

Not to start a battle but the 3rd rule is only a recommendation.
There is significant benefit to having the 3rd superfree but it is not essential and at no point have SW ever said you must have it.

Nobody says you MUST not ever go over your syns or MUST not miss your HEXes on the odd occasion but they are a key part of the plan.

We're all adults with the free will to adhere to the plan, or not, but the EE plan is:

- 1/3 of every meal superfree (and snack on superfee as a first choice)
- 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB
- 5-15 syns a day

That is the plan. Whether you choose to stick to it or not is up to you, but that is the plan. It is not 'a recommendation' - it is the plan.

From the SW website

Q: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?
A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

Recommended to optimise losses but not mandatory.

From the SW website

Q: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?
A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

Recommended to optimise losses but not mandatory.

Where did you find this bit? Just looked all over the website and can't find this.

This is the bit I found on the website -

Q. What are Superfree Foods?
A. Superfree Foods are super-satisfying for the appetite and very, very low in calories (or energy density). Fill one third of your plate with Superfree Foods and make them your first choice between meals. You’ll naturally limit your energy intake without counting a single calorie, and you’ll be enjoying a really healthy diet, making your weight loss success extra easy!

and also on the Extra Easy plan page -

Fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Food and make them your first choice between meals. You’ll naturally limit your energy intake without counting a single calorie and you’ll be enjoying a really healthy diet, making your weight loss extra easy! (i know its the same but its repeated across the site.)

:confused:

All the exercise can stunt your loss for a little while too, however you will drop dress sizes for less weight loss and it will eventually even out. Keep with it xxxx

:) It does work xx even if you think it is slow then at least it is slowly downward....xx keep chin up and smile, I have done all the diets under the sun and with SW you can eat as long as you count your syns and your HEx's then every thing else is free or super free. I had a real lightening bolt moment in group last week, I always thought I stuck to plan like glue and cloudnt understand why i didnt loose/put on one /lost one and my group leader made a comment that opened my ears.... ' on EE you must only snack on things that are a 0 syns on original or green' anything else you must count as your syns' so previously on EE when i had snacked on chicken strips or ham i was adding calories in bucket fulls without realising as i only heard 'all free food' with no restrictions, this is my first week back on SW have been doing LL for 6 months but missed food! so weigh in tonight will be interesting to see how much i have lost :) sorry for rambling LOL

Often disappointed to hear newbies at group complaining that they only lost 4lb in their first week and were expecting 8lb like their friend.. Firstly you have done fantastic and don't give up! Secondly, everyone loses weight at a different rate and may have more to lose that yourself. And thirdly, its a journey and a way of life. I didn't join slimming world for a quick fix to my weight problem.

Enjoy cooking, eating and get some body magic in there. And make sure you plan! Planning prevents p*ss poor performance :) Good luck x

Just WHERE does it say SW say you should lose 7lbs in 2 weeks?

Baileygirl said:
I feel your pain!
1-2lb a week is recommended accross the board but SW do suggest you should lose 7lbs in your first 2 weeks! And for a vast majority thats true! Sadly, when everyone around you doesn't seem to have to work so hard it is really disheartening.
The plan IS working as you are losing weight. I notice you are also exercising, did you do your week 1 measurements when you joined? Sometimes those weeks you will have had an inch loss rather than a weight loss.
If you are exercising, make sure you up your fluid intake to 2-3 litres rather than 1-2. Add fruit or veg to every meal, even if you can't manage the third rule (which is only a recommendation). Keep a food diary, its essential in the early weeks to stay focused, on-track and for pointers from your consultant.
Somebody mentioned that sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you just don't lose weight that week. That's when you need to stay focused, look over your diary and see what you can improve for the next week.
Keep at it xx

judimac said:
Just WHERE does it say SW say you should lose 7lbs in 2 weeks?

I wonder if Baileygirl has possibly misread the sw literature, as I have a vague recollection it has said something about losing UPTO 7lbs in the first 2 weeks? It may have been a mag that did a sw feature in fact!! Otherwise I don't know where I came from either!!!

You are losing though thats a good thing my losses have no where near been 7lb a week your losses are about right, I definitely suggest having a lot more superfree with your meals, i was doing green for a couple of weeks having no vege as i didn't really like it back then it was only when i started to add superfree that i started losing now i cant get enough of it!

Back