Why doesn't it work for me?

2lb per week loss is a great loss tbh if you were to do that for a year thats 104lb which is 8st 6lb in a year, why is that something to be dissapointed about?

Im not sure but I am too slightly disheartened. Last night was my third weigh in loss -2lb, loss-2.5lb and then last night just 2lb. I follow religiously and am at the gym or a class at least 4 times a week. But it is a loss all be it slow. I think I am just going to keep at it. I did find however that as I have always cooked from scratch quite healthily the only items I have really excluded from my diet is chocolate and alcohol . Maybe because my diet hasnt changed too drastically my weight loss will as equally non drastic ?

When my friend moaned she was "only" losing 1lb a week she was asked "and how long did it take to put the weight on?"
She wanted the weight off in weeks that had taken a couple of years to put on.

Programmes like Biggest Loser give people wrong ideas about how much weight us mere mortals are expected to lose in 1 week. I was quite happy with 1lb as they all add up to big numbers eventually.
It also depends on starting weight - bigger people lose more at the start.

Back