why dont i feel hungry despite not being in ketosis yet??

nikkii63

Hi all,
I started slim and save a couple of days ago, now on day 3.... i dont feel hungry! im not in ketosis yet as ive checked.... anyone else felt like this, ive done vlcd before with success, they suit me but ive always felt hungry before ketosis kicked in, i do feel quite tired though, a bit drained. Sorry if im waffling on but just interested to know if anyone feels the same as me? also wondering how much coke zero its ok to have without risking being kicked out of ketosis when i do actually achieve it? if anyone relates to me and understands how i am feeling pleasse reply!!!!

Hi all,
I started slim and save a couple of days ago, now on day 3.... i dont feel hungry! im not in ketosis yet as ive checked.... anyone else felt like this, ive done vlcd before with success, they suit me but ive always felt hungry before ketosis kicked in, i do feel quite tired though, a bit drained. Sorry if im waffling on but just interested to know if anyone feels the same as me? also wondering how much coke zero its ok to have without risking being kicked out of ketosis when i do actually achieve it? if anyone relates to me and understands how i am feeling pleasse reply!!!!

If the hunger has gone, then you probably are in ketosis! When you say you've 'checked' what do you mean??
Coke zero wont kick you out of ketosis as it doesn't contain citric acid, but s&s recommend you keep to about 500ml a day
HTH x Jo x

When I first started I was showing colour on the second morning on ketostix, it does vary from person to person and from time to time, coming out and a restart and I've been starving for a full 3 days, another time it's ok again on day 2. It all depends on how much glycogen you store for energy and how much of that is left to clear out when you stop the carbs. I figured my body was pretty efficient at converting my glycogen stores to fat cells so that's why I reached ketosis very quickly!

by checking i mean using keto stix, that showed negative, maybe i am tho but it would be pretty quick lol! oh well wont complain, i'll prob be starving later!

by checking i mean using keto stix, that showed negative, maybe i am tho but it would be pretty quick lol! oh well wont complain, i'll prob be starving later!

I wouldn't bother with ketostix! They are notoriously unreliable as they're not designed for this! Just stick to the plan and you'll be in ketosis within 3-5 days :) good luck x

I didn't feel hungry from the start this time round. Never bothered with ketostix personally as I really don't see the point. I know if I follow the diet I will be in ketosis within the first week and I don't need to spend money on some sticks to tell me that.

Back