Why has my weight gone up .....

nowplz

Sorry to bother u but getting in a bit of a flap I Was ill last week with tummy bug and lost 3lbs when i weighed in but i just weighed at home (i know not good idea but not due to weigh till next weds at group) as still not been Eating much and what I have been eating is free or super free also i have not not had any sins at all since weds just gone and it says I have gained 4lbs... My scales are usually like half pound different to group scales so know it not faulty... How and why has this happened? I need to shift it asap as i was only 1lb away from my two stone award and I have eaten nothing that is not on plan

That 3lbs you had off last week might have been a bit of a false read if you'd had a tummy bug? You might have been very dehydrated and very empty of food?

I got myself in a paddy last weekend about an unexpected gain from Friday to Sunday, but it was gone by weigh-in and I actually lost 1.5lbs, so just keep on plan and try not to worry x

1. your star week, even if you are past the age for cycles we still have hormone cycles that do similar with the weight loss.
2. with tummy bugs where you havent eaten your body will have wanted to hold onto any food you would have eaten.
3. water intake, where your body was dehydrated your body would have retained water. :/ stick to it and dont get downheartened i had the same thing happen to me one week

Hi, I would definitely agree with MissNix, the tummy bug week would probably give you a false reading at WI. Also, you mention not eating any syns this week and that's not a good idea on any week. Following on from the bug, your body has probably now gone into starvation mode and is hanging on the food you're eating (which is low in calories) as it's all free and superfree.

I would carry on as normal now, get back on track with the syns and try to stay off the scales at home and see what the WI is on Wednesday. Good luck :)

What we think of as "maintaining" is actually quite different from Mother Nature's definiton of maintaining. Over the course of our everyday lives, our weight can fluctuate by plus or minus 7lb for myriad reasons. Of course very little of this weight fluctuation is due to fat.

This is why your Consultant recommends that you weigh-in once a week on the same day, at the same time of day, and wearing roughly the same sort of clothes. That way it will all average out and you'll see the bigger picture as you progress on your journey.

In the meantime, try not to worry and just keep following the plan as you normally would. If you're recovering from a tummy bug be sure to drink enough fluids!

There could be several reasons.

1st one is weighing midweek/midday. Any weight you see other than your official weigh in should be treated as a guide only. I 'gain' over half a stone every day by the time I go to bed, but I don't really, your weight naturally fluctuates throughout the day.

Another reason could be that you're not eating enough. If you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode where it will hold onto anything that passes through your lips for survival. What would normally be digested will be stored, causing weight gain. Your metabolism also won't work well if you don't eat enough and the faster your metabolism the faster you will lose weight.

You also mentioned you've had no syns. You need your syns.

I would guess that the reading was wrong AND that you're not eating enough. If that's due to your illness then give yourself a break, concentrate on getting better and accept you may have gained but that you will get back on track when you're healthy again.

You may also find that your weight goes up before it comes down. I get weighed on a Tuesday, so a Saturday night I get on my scales and can expect to be 4lbs heavier than my last weigh in, my average weekly weightloss is around 2lbs.

Back