why have i.....????

tsweety81

goodmorning all....i am on 5 of 100% tfr. i went down 3lbs yesterday from the pervious day so was well chuffed but now i weighed myself this morning and have gone back up .75 of a lb. why would i go back up.the last two night i have had a small about prob less than 100g of white cabbage with my spag bol just to fill me up abit more.i had a shake for breakfast and bar for lunch then anothr shake mid aftrnoon then spag bol for dinner......iam still feeling hungry so dont think iam in ketosis.i desperately wan to lose this weigh and altho i know i need to give it more time iam very close to doind atkins instead as they say that too is a ketosis diet but i really want to lose as much as possible and i think it can be quite slow going on atkins.im gonna stick with it for at least a month and then review what i have lost and how many inches i have lost. fingers crossed xxx

If you lost 3 and now put on 0.75 you've still lost 2.25lbs which is really good! Try and see it with the glass half full point if view.
A lot of people on here weigh daily but you have to know it will fluctuate but if you haven't cheated it will come off again very soon.
It will be water gained, not fat, so don't let it get you down x

thanks laurazee i know it sounds crazy but it was so hot in our house when i woke up that all my hand and feet were swollen so im wondering if i do have bit of water retention even tho i have been drinking as close to 3 litres of water a day.im not gonna give up will give it a month and see how i feel from there.i cant wait to not feel hungry tho:sigh:

The hunger will def subside as you get into ketosis and I find a routine helps too, my body knows when it's going to get the precious calories now and waits relatively patiently!!
Stick with it, after a month you will wonder why you were worried when you've lost weight an you're clothes are loose etc etc x

If you had been following WW or SW your 2lb weight loss might have taken you 1-2 weeks to achieve. Keep going it will soon start to melt off. Easier said that done but try and keep off the scales every day as it can sometimes demotivate you. Try and leave it to weekly then you get the nice surprise rather than feeling what is the point in starving myself if there is no movement in the scales

That's exactly why I will not weigh daily. I do not need to see gains on the scales. Once a week for me and I've always got a huge grin on my face seeing how much over the week I've lost. If it's any help to you it's not possible to put on weight eating such small amount of calories. That will come off, trust me.

if you read people diaries who have been dong it for a while we all have inexplicable gains and losses sometimes its all perfectly normal , and usually down to water gains and losses

please dont get yourself all wound up over a small gain , if you have stuck to the plan it is definitely not fat , so its nothing to worry about

try to think of the bigger picture and what you will have lost in a months time , it will be a wiggly line not a straight one but as long as it is going down and not up then you are fine

if you dont think you can handle the ups and downs then i agree with Laurie , you might have to just weigh weekly , you have to take the rough with the smooth if you are going to weigh every day and take it with a pinch of salt , otherwise you will drive yourself nuts

good luck x

Atkins does take you to ketosis as well, just different type of ketosis. On slim and save it is very low calories that take you to ketosis, in Atkins it's very low carb (max 20g a day). It's my second day on Atkins, I have not gained anything from the 8lb I lost on SnS and I feel so much happier. But like you said, the loss will prob be slower. So up to you, good luck whatever you decide to do :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've done Atkins in the past but although it's low carb, it's high fat. You can do it right with salads and veg and lean protein but when all the good stuff like cheese and red meat is technically unlimited it can be difficult to keep it under control.
Different strokes for different folks but I find the weight loss isn't as consistent as S&S and I can feel crappy for the extra fat x

That's the thing, different diets suit different people :) I never used that much fat anyway, more salads and lean meat and veg and eggs. Which is what I'm doing now. Plus in 2 weeks (or however long I decide to do the induction for) I can add soft berries etc which I'm very excited about. I took my son to burger king today and I had some grilled chicken and it didn't make me freak out that that was the only thing I could eat that day. In the other hand, like you said, if you can stick to SnS then it's absolutely brilliant as you can be without any food and lose weight faster. xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hiya thanks for your replies.iam still undecided what to do im still not in ketosis and on day 6 i have been 100% as far as i knoiw i have 4 packs a day no protein or veg.on monday i did have 2 ww petit pains minus the middle stodgy bit with tuna so i know that could be why this weeks weight loss is slow.my tummy is grumbling as i type so im really finding it hard.when will ketosis kick in????? i really want to lose wieght for my hols :sigh:

Bread is horribly carby so that could well have affected you. If you do go for something off plan try to stick to protein options like plain chicken. Assuming you started from the Monday (in terms of starting to get into ketosis) then you should go into ketosis very soon, maybe today, maybe tomorrow. I think that almost everyone should be in within a week, and generally within 5 days. It can take until the second week tho for people to start feeling ok about the amounts on this diet, and as you've come this far give it a few more days to see how you feel then.

If its any help at all , I found that the first time getting into ketosis took about 6 days , but subsequently it happens quicker after a break

I dont know why this is , but it never seems as hard as the first time

I find the first week is the hardest , once you get used to it , it does become much easier , good luck

Hi tsweety, it is annoying but if this is your first time getting into ketosis it does take a while and the 2 petit pains could well have been enough to set you straight back to where you started. What day did you eat those? Right at the beginning or recently?
If you stick with it you will get there! x

Hi laurazee im on day 4 and still feel the hunger a bit but i just keep reminding myself that i want this weight off and take it a day at a time. Keep your end goal at the fore front of your mind : )

Back