Why have never had a big 1st week loss??

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
Has anyone had the same?? I've never had that big loss..... Not even on my first week of changing my diet??

I either have 1 or 2 lb losses or STS for a week then another 1 or 2 lbs off??

Why does my body find it such a struggle to lose anything more then that? Yes I know it's healthy I don't news to hear all that..... Lol

Would love 3 lbs off this week what can I do to get close to it??

I'm maybe guessing my underactive thyroid and PCOS kinda hinders things a little although I take Meds and it's all regulated

Im the same hun, and i also have PCOS. All my hormones are now all balanced with meds but i never lose a lot of weight. Looking back though im kind of happier as when I switched to eating unhealthy I didnt put on as much as I probebly could have done, so have maintained the loss that I had had, before switching back again. x

Another person with underactive thyroid and pcos, thought I was the only person unlucky enough to have both!
I find if I completely cut out bread and pasta my loss is good. Still not massive but much better, I feel much better too.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I make ya right there when ever I have a bad day etc I never gain because I guess I've lost it slowly and so maintaining is easy.... I just have 2 stone to lose by June and desperate to do it xx

You take metformin?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Laura, when you first started trying to lose weight did you get a big loss the very first week?
I reckon that when you first make a big change from eating whatever you like to eating not very much it makes a big initial difference but a lot of it is meant to be water anyway.
If you are never gaining and always steadily losing that is fantastic. I know it is not what you want to read but patience pays off.

You wont get a big loss by just changing from one diet to another - or wed all change diet every week ;)
You really only get a good loss when you start any diet after being off a diet for a while :)

Have just realised I didn't read the first line of your post and asked you a question you had already answered. Sorry!

I have never been on a diet :-s not since the birth of my daughter in 2010 and in sept 2011 I start eating healthy and nope I didn't get a first week big loss - hence why I wrote this post obviously
I know switching diets would not see this either however as I state I haven't switched diets I've been on the same healthy eating plan since sept --- my reference was just a general question.... I either lose 1 or 2 lbs or I just STS and yes this is brilliant but never understood the first week big loses or big loses in general....

Anyway thanks for your replies

If it makes you feel better the most I have ever lost in a week was just over 2lbs.
I am sure if I cut down really drastically I would lose more, but I don' think I would stick to it for long.

I have been thinking the same, at my weight coupled with the fact I hardly got off the sofa before I thought I would at least shift half a stone.

I have been really good and done aqua aerobics twice....

The only time I have ever had a big 14lb weight loss was when I took up a stupid fad diet that was ultimately unhealthy and unmaintainable. The same can be said of people I know who had a large weight loss in the first week, they eventually plateau and when they switch back to something sensible they put it on again.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. Slow and steady weight loss is much easier to maintain and is likely to be permanent. I always worry if I lose too much too soon, as I know that my body must be lacking in nutrition of some sort. You’re doing marvellously, so don’t get yourself down about quantity.

Your right, I'm going in the right direction slow an steady and prove to myself wen I have a 'bad' week as such I don't ever gain so I guess I should e grateful... I'm aiming for 2 stone by June that's a stone every two months - doable?

I'm attacking the spin sessions this month and then will shake it up in march with some different classes just so my body doesn't get tok comfortable with my routine ;-)

Thanks Hun xx

Something for you to think about:

If you lose 1 lb a week, every week, that would be 3 stone 10 lbs in a year...

Back