Why haven't I lost any weight?

Lisaberry

Silver Member
For the last week I have been realy good.
I've been eating super free soup for lunch, been having tons of superfree veg with all my dinner, snacking on things like apples, keeping within my syns and have really only had any spuds with my dinner once...so have been doing red but still eating 1/3 superfree and 1 A and 1 B.

I get on the scales this morning and.....nothing. I just dont understand it. I was hoping for at least 2 this week

I'm feeling really deflated. I've put my all into it this week...kept strong when unsupportive husband tried to get me to have a take away. Didn't have a McDonald's when everyone else got a drive thru at the weekend, have resisted the choc digestives he bought and even said no to popcorn last night at the cinema with mum
Feel like I should have just stuffed my face!

I'm not happy today :(:(:cry:

i tried lots of super free food one week and i didn't lose any weight either but i did loose inches it may all show next week as in fairness your body doesn't know if it weigh in day or not i am sure you will have a good weight loss next week

I have weeks like this, you may have lost inches though, do you measure yourself?
I have had a couple of dissapointing weeks weight wise, but i can now fit into a size 12 linen pair of trousers!
My C says that you cant lose both in a week, it is either inches or weight and they will catch up with each other.

Also maybe if you were doing EE but not having any 'green' foods or the extra A & B you may have just not eaten enough, if that makes sense. How many syns were you having per day?

Is it star week? I (and a lot of other women) retain water wickedly the week before my period and it doesn't half affect your weight loss sometimes. Could it be that?

I always try to stick to 10 syns.

I'm not sure about my clothes, I've been feeling quite bloated most of the week, maybe all that veg is playing havoc on my insides! I did think at work that my trousers are looking a bit over baggy but I cant remember if they were like that when I bought them!
I'm going to keep going but it just seems weird, last time round when I did sw after ds was born if I ha agood week it would def show on the scales. Gaah!

Is it star week? I (and a lot of other women) retain water wickedly the week before my period and it doesn't half affect your weight loss sometimes. Could it be that?

I dont really have them due to my 'no waaaay am I getting preggers again, 5 years protection please' option but I have had weird cramps this week maybe I should be on a star week iykwim!

How much have you lost so far?? I always get told its not just he scales but the inches, hence my signature. Don't give up, keep on going it may just be extra water. the other day I nearly gave in cause something positive than most happened, i thought yeah lets have a treat and spoil myself so i went to the supermarket and went straight to the cakes section. I actually thought 'hang on a minute something positive has just happened (unrelated to my weight) and I going to cancel it out with a negative!' I realised something about myself then! So please don't give up, maybe next week you'll have a bigger loss than normal!? :D

I've lost nearly 2 stone so far whch is pretty dire since I joined 9 month go. Last time I lost 5 stone 4 in 11 months.
I'm not looking forward to my official weigh in later! Anyone know how to lose 2 pounds in 9 hours????

I've lost nearly 2 stone so far whch is pretty dire since I joined 9 month go. Last time I lost 5 stone 4 in 11 months.
I'm not looking forward to my official weigh in later! Anyone know how to lose 2 pounds in 9 hours????

Errrmmm....remove a limb? Maybe a bit drastic!!!
The weight will go - don't give up just yet. Last week I had my lowest ever loss (1/2lb) and I know that when I go to weigh in shortly that it is going to be a big one (secret scales hopping!!). Even though you are on long-term contraception, I believe that you still follow a cycle and therefore, you may have been retaining water.
My advice.....carry on exactly as you did this week, up your water intake (try drinking at least 2 litres of water per day) and look forward to hearing about your great loss next week!
Keep going and smiling. xx

Ok first of all... 2 st is GREAT!! So it took 9 months, that is still 2 st and a HUGE achievement so well done!

I second the water thing... I go swimming every day, and after every swim I was desperate for a pee.... One day I talked to the lifeguard and he told me that swimming is really good for relieving water retension, also drinking water will help with water retention. I have a cup of tea in the morning, then have water through the day, then a cuppa at night. I am peeing all day, but it does seem to be working for me.

Do a big poo :) lol oh hell yeah I'm bk lol

I even took some colon cleanse tablets last night hoping a thorough cleanse may help the scales. Even that hasnt made a dfference

Hmmm, what limb could I live without????

Not sure hon but I really wanted to say that I think you have done brilliantly to have lost 2 stone & I bet your fantastic behaviour shows next week x

Don't feel demotivated if you don't have a loss (especially as you are bloated). That will mean next week you will have a better loss! Make sure to have enough fibre to go to the toilet properly and drink plenty of water (not just before your WI though).

Stick with it. Sometimes you stick to the plan brilliantly and it doesn't show for a couple of weeks. It's keeping with it and trying not to get disheartened.

Q

I dont really have them due to my 'no waaaay am I getting preggers again, 5 years protection please' option but I have had weird cramps this week maybe I should be on a star week iykwim!

I know exactly what you mean, I don't have them either because of tablets I'm on but I get cramps so I know when I should :)

Back